Senior Backend Engineer - HRIS Platform
About the role
Rippling is rapidly adding new lines of business to its 20+ products while also expanding globally into many new countries each year. At the forefront of this expansion is the HRIS (Human Resources Information System) group, which consists of several teams that build products, services, and frameworks that serve every single Rippling customer and serves as a platform used by every product team at Rippling.
At the heart of every product at Rippling lies the HRIS Platform, the team responsible for all Employee data and operations. We build the foundations that enable critical flows (like Hiring, Onboarding) as well as the core models. Our platform forms the backbone that helps our customers pay their employees on time, get them the right insurance coverage and much, much more.
As Rippling continues to add lines of business across an increasing number of countries, HRIS Platform is rapidly evolving to meet the needs of the business. We’re setting out to build the next version of the platform that can handle ever-increasing scale with reliability at four 9s, all with blazing fast speed.
What you will do
- Design and ship high performing data models and interfaces
- Drive our push towards an event-based architecture
- Operational Excellence: Build and operationalize tools, monitors & processes across the org.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: Collaborate with other teams across Rippling to support and scale products, both within and outside of HRIS.
- 5+ years of professional experience as a software engineer
- Experience building large scale software product
- You have seen systems operating at significant technical and organizational scale
- Experience working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Experience in building projects with good abstractions and architecture
- Comfortable at developing scalable and extendable core services used in many products
Rippling is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected characteristics, Rippling is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities who need assistance during the hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Rippling highly values having employees working in-office to foster a collaborative work environment and company culture. For office-based employees (employees who live within a 40 mile radius of a Rippling office), Rippling considers working in the office, at least three days a week under current policy, to be an essential function of the employee's role.
This role will receive a competitive salary + benefits + equity. The salary for US-based employees will be aligned with one of the ranges below based on location; see which tier applies to your location here.
A variety of factors are considered when determining someone’s compensation–including a candidate’s professional background, experience, and location. Final offer amounts may vary from the amounts listed below.