Commerce Cloud - Technical Account Manager
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategoryCustomer Success
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, the World’s Most Innovative Company according to Forbes, and one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work six years running. The growth, innovation, and Aloha spirit of Salesforce are driven by our incredible employees who thrive on delivering success for our customers while also finding time to give back through our 1/1/1 model, which leverages 1% of our time, equity, and product to improve communities around the world. Salesforce is a team sport, and we play to win. Join us!
The Customer Success team is looking for a driven and detail oriented Technical Account Manager. You will have responsibility for a small number of assigned accounts, maintaining a single-minded focus to ensure clients are extracting the most value out of their Salesforce investment. The TAM will have a track record in translating complex technical issues into tangible solutions. Collaboration with our most strategic customers is a main responsibility, demonstrating extensive knowledge of the Salesforce platform. You will forge relationships with your customers, developing a deep technical understanding of their Salesforce implementation, share technical standard methodologies and act as point of contact for any major incidents, handling the customer’s expectations and communications through resolution of such incidents.
The ideal TAM is a great teammate, enjoys complex challenges, exhibits professionalism, is dedicated to meeting and exceeding expectations, building relationships, has strong collaboration skills, is able to learn new technologies quickly and uses their time efficiently. The TAM will likely be required to travel to customer sites and may need to be available for some after-hour or weekend coverage depending on the customer’s needs.
- Function as the Commerce Cloud Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the technical and operational configuration (and needs) of the customer.
- Attain Trusted Advisor status by developing relationships with key collaborators, site owners & administrators.
- Work closely with the customer to prepare for peak periods and high traffic sales events by assisting with load & performance testing, configuration and tuning.
- Provide proactive Communications in the event of a service degradation or disruption.
- Participate in issues and act as an advocate for customers during the triage and resolution of high severity cases, driving business reliability and customer satisfaction
- Conduct regular checkpoint calls with the customer to review Commerce Cloud releases, performance trends, status of support cases and key projects.
- Responsible for the coordination of multi-functional resources (from Support, Engineering, Client Services) to support the customers with the resolution of technical issues.
- Provide timely account or issue executive level summary status reports both internally and to the customer.
- Coordinate and work closely with the Commerce Cloud Success Manager to ensure tight coordination and alignment on all aspects of account management and communication including Quarterly Success Reviews.
- Identify and advocate for customer products needs with Salesforce Technology and Product teams.
- Proactive liaison and focal point into Salesforce Technology and Product teams and Technical Support Team, to address product feature/technical hurdles.
- Forewarn customers of technology changes or potential disruptions to their service and advise on mitigation strategies.
- Assist in driving follow-up/completion of recommendations provided as part of technical Accelerators.
- Assist customers with finding solutions via the Commerce Cloud Partner Community or other service offerings that may benefit the customer.
- Contribute and collaborate internally to the Salesforce team, share knowledge and standard methodologies with team members, contribute to internal projects and initiatives and serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for specific technical or process areas.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience in one or more of the following: Technical Support, Technical Account Management, Project or Program Management, Development, or Technical Services/Architect roles.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and perform effectively under pressure.
- Experience with cloud computing technologies; SOA, application servers, middleware, enterprise application integrations, databases, security, performance & scalability – ideally in eCommerce or similar applications (ERP, CRM) in a SaaS environment
- Experienced with providing consulting or support to large scale, enterprise level accounts with technically complex configurations and high volumes of transactions/load
- Ability to effectively lead efforts to handle complex customer requests and escalations within a multi-functional team
- Good communication skills with demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and influence at all levels of an organization, including executive level
- Skills for both analyzing technical concepts and translating them into business terms, and for mapping business requirements into technical features.
- Degree or equivalent relevant experience required. Experience will be evaluated based on the core competencies for the role (e.g. extracurricular leadership roles, military experience, volunteer roles, work experience, etc.)
- Previous experience as a hands-on technologist preferred - in a Solution Architect or Technical Support Engineer role
- Salesforce Commerce Cloud certifications are a plus.
- Experience with Salesforce Commerce Cloud preferred (former Demandware Commerce).
- eCommerce knowledge is a plus.
- Familiarity with the servers, database, application and network technologies used for operating a high traffic web site (e.g knowledge of network topologies and devices, database concepts and SQL, multi-tenancy, load balancer, CDN, application servers).
- Knowledge of the software development process and of software design methodologies (coding experience useful, but not required).
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.