To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategorySoftware Engineering
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
Capacity Planning Lead
Bellevue or Seattle, WA, San Francisco, CA or Atlanta, GA
Salesforce is seeking a Capacity Planning Lead to support our customer’s ongoing growth. Capacity Planners scope, analyze and forecast the infrastructure demand that power our diverse set of products on a global scale. This role will be part of a team of capacity planning professionals who have experience with understanding systems infrastructure and best practice planning methods to support demand across multiple substrates.
This person will be required to work cross-functionally with a number of senior product owners as well as technical service teams across the organization. They should expect to interact with numerous data sources spread across disparate systems to produce a single version of truth for capacity demand for the products they are covering. As a result, the capacity planner should expect to work collaboratively with product owners to understand how their service architecturally functions, any product and design roadmaps, launch plans, sales and users forecasts, and any other variables that may impact future capacity demand.
The planner will be required to effectively take all of these inputs and partner with our data science team to produce an ongoing infrastructure demand forecast. In particular, an understanding of AWS infrastructure and architectural limits would be beneficial.
The role will also require building strong interpersonal relationships that will be the foundation of building trust and supporting the continued success of these products over time. This is a very high impact and visible role which will drive the foundation of Salesforce’s infrastructure strategy for years to come. Come join a growing team!
- Capture and document architectural details about services and its supporting capacity
- Coordinate product and service teams so requirements are well understood
- Establish a consistent and repeatable monthly capacity forecast, in partnership with the data science team
- Conduct scenario analysis based on service engineering roadmap to present effects of new services and shifts in workload on capacity.
- Present clear findings and recommendations to senior leadership regarding the forecast and business impacts
- Candidate should have 7+ years of experience in operations, business intelligence, strategy, capacity planning, financial modeling, analytics or similar positions in a related field
- Strong analytical skills with experience consolidating complex datasets across various unconnected systems and platforms to tell a clear story.
- Fundamental knowledge of systems infrastructure and how services interact with the underlying hardware
- Experience building statistical models
- Strong interpersonal and executive presentation skills needed to partner effectively and convey long range plan
- Experience presenting data in a consistent and repeatable manager to various stakeholders
- Attention to detail with a focus on data quality
- A related technical degree required
- Proficiency with SQL queries
- AWS, Jupyter Notebooks and Python scripting experience
- Experience in capacity management, planning, forecasting and scheduling is a plus
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.For Washington-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $122,600 to $237,200.For California-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $133,800 to $258,700.Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Certain roles may be eligible for incentive compensation, equity, benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.salesforcebenefits.com.