Senior Analyst, Cloud GTM Strategy
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
The Cloud GTM Strategy and Operations team partners with Salesforce Product executives to drive strategic planning, go-to-market execution, and growth strategy across our product portfolio. The Senior Analyst/Manager, Cloud GTM Strategy role is hybrid of traditional roles in product strategy, sales strategy, finance, and analytics – requiring a mix of market & business analysis, go-to-market strategy, and cross-functional operations.
This role is part of a high-performance, results oriented team and will report to the Director of Industries GTM Strategy. The individual in this role will share responsibility for driving the continued success of Salesforce by supporting our product growth strategy for the Industries portfolio.
Sample strategic projects include developing recommendations for investment prioritization, go-to-market design, business growth levers, and sales optimization. Operationally, the focus will be on forecasting, market sizing, growth trends, sales pipeline analysis, performance insights, and formulation of actionable recommendations. This person must feel comfortable interacting with senior management and cross-functional stakeholders on a regular basis.
A successful candidate will have natural curiosity and possess a passion for creating innovative analysis to identify opportunities. They will be comfortable diving into large datasets, excel at extracting insights from data, and converting ideas to action.
- Lead ongoing analysis of Industries portfolio performance and drive visibility for product leadership
- Design and interpret key performance metrics and deliver insights for executive business reviews
- Develop presentations for senior executives and craft key messaging for product & sales leaders
- Provide supporting analysis and recommendations for strategic processes, including long range planning and go-to-market growth strategy
- Support strategic initiatives, including evaluation of market opportunity, investment opportunity, and GTM strategy for product launches
- Build tools and dashboards that help cross-functional stakeholders derive new insights & learnings
- Troubleshoot operational issues as they surface; propose changes to systems/ processes to fix root causes
- 4+ years work experience focused on quantitative analysis, financial modeling, and logical reasoning
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university (Experience will be evaluated based on alignment to the Competencies for the role (e.g. extracurricular leadership roles, military experience, volunteer work, etc.)
- Self-starter and high degree of motivation to go above and beyond the task at hand
- Exceptional problem solving skills: demonstrated ability to structure complex problems, develop solutions
- High degree of comfort running complex analyses and modeling in Excel or Google Sheets
- Experience aggregating large datasets using SQL, Tableau, and/or Python required
- Strong presentation skills, especially related to building compelling PowerPoint or Google Slides presentations
- Work experience in management consulting, finance, product management, sales strategy, or business operations is a plus
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.For New York-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $111,800 to $153,700.For California-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $111,800 to $153,700.Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Certain roles may be eligible for incentive compensation, equity, benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.salesforcebenefits.com.