Salesforce DevOps Architect
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategoryCustomer Success
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
At Salesforce, the DevOps Technical Architect will be part of the Global Delivery Centre (GDC) within the Salesforce Professional Services organization. The GDC includes technical and functional subject matter experts who implement Salesforce products, to meet customer needs whilst leveraging Salesforce best practices.
We are looking for a talented DevOps Technical Architect to define systematic solutions which would fit best across the technical, operational, and management standards. The architect should possess the ability to generate an organized solution by examining the large system environment and selecting an application framework to deal with customer priorities &/or difficulties in the given implementation landscape. The architect will responsible for supporting the full implementation lifecycle, in an evolving ecosystem consisting of Clients and Partners on high-volume, high-performance client-facing applications.
The DevOps Technical Architect will provide deployment release support for applications that are part of cloud-based, mobile, and/or on-premise environments. The architect will also be responsible for maintaining, on an ongoing basis, a comprehensive understanding of the cloud-computing ecosystem.
This individual will play a strategic role by using their more technically oriented skill sets to service and support clients during and post-launch. In this role, one must drive ongoing innovation and collaborate with our Customer Success teams using up-to-date programs and tools to assist our customers in achieving successful outcomes, and growing their business on the Salesforce platform.
- Analyzing, executing, and streamlining DevOps practices and facilitating the development process and automation.
- Review existing DevOps strategies and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Ideate, Solution, Present & Roll out ‘best-fit’ DevOps solution that takes into account customer & end-user needs while accounting for the tooling preferences & commercial landscape
- Gather requirements, design, and implement new DevOps strategies and architect overall, comprehensive and efficient practices.
- Design and implement CI/CD pipeline by enabling suitable DevOps channels across the organization.
- Design and write build scripts in scripting languages like perl, shell, or python.
- Design process/schedule to deliver completed development to various environments.
- Verify successful continuous delivery deployments to various environments.
- Design org and branching strategies and maintain version control repositories.
- Monitor and review continuous delivery validation build for failures.
- Guide developers and operations teams in case of an issue and resolve deployment issues with the team.
- Seek out and understand new technologies which can play a key role in the near future direction of our system, designed using modern technologies and approaches to provide orchestration and relevant tooling to allow fast development and deployment.
- Developing self-service tools to enhance developer productivity for application management
- Proactively collaborate across multiple teams in the organization to ensure that the requirements are captured and met by tooling provided
- Developing the POCs to demonstrate the viability of new ideas and technologies to support the innovation
- Ability to manage teams with a leadership mindset.
- 10+ years of experience in software development with a strong automation mindset.
- Strong understanding of version control (git), branching & merging strategies, and build setup.
- Experience in handling salesforce metadata, environments and sandbox management
- Experience in building a proven CI/CD pipeline for Salesforce code & metadata
- Programming and scripting abilities across a range of languages e.g. Ruby, Java, Go, Python, etc.
- Continuous integration/continuous delivery tools - Jenkins/Jenkins Pipelines, Gitlab, CircleCI, Sauce Labs, and Nexus.
- Experience with build automation tools such as Maven, and Grunt or Gulp
- In-depth understanding of software configuration management (Chef) and release management
- Docker image building, maintenance, orchestration, and pipelining.
- Experience in AWS infrastructure (EC2, VPC, IAM, and CloudWatch, etc) and related automation tooling
- Experience with test automation skills - TestNG, Selenium, Web Driver, JUnit, JMeter, and ApexUnit testing frameworks
- Experience in setting up managing code quality tools such as SonarQube
- Good knowledge and hands-on experience on Linux based operating systems with experience in bash scripting
- An organized way of working, with the ability to consider multiple issues in parallel and prioritize them appropriately
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Technology or equivalent experience
- Deep understanding of DevOps best practices, version control, and CI/CD
- Hands-on experience with Jenkins, GitHub Actions, or other CI/CD tools
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.