To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategorySoftware Engineering
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
Software Engineering SMTS
Employer: Salesforce Inc.
Work Location: Argentina
We're Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI + Data + CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too - driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good - you've come to the right place.
About Starter Product and Organization
We are seeking strong full stack Engineers to help build the future of Salesforce in a growing Product & Engineering Organization. This team is focused on Salesforce Starter, helping new customers self-service & get started with Salesforce with a prescriptive out of the box experience that shortens time to value across the entire customer 360 of Marketing, Sales, Service, & Commerce. Our product is end user obsessed, and we work to deliver on our users’ key jobs to be done.
As a Software Development Engineer, you will own the full stack and entire life-cycle of our products, from the roadmap to the architecture to implementation and continuous iterative development. You’ll own and implement specific components, and help shape your team's overall technical strategy.
This role offers wide scope, autonomy, and ownership. You will own the design of major results end-to-end and work closely with experienced engineers to implement them. You should be willing to take on challenging initiatives and be capable of working both independently and with others as a team. You will design, build, test, and own highly scalable, available, and strong low latency systems.
You will have an opportunity to expand your own skills by learning from very best software engineers and architects in the world.
- Research, design, and develop computer and network software or specialized utility programs.
- Architect, design, implement, test and deliver highly scalable products. Master our development process, culture, and code base, then improve it.
- Work closely with a team of engineers, product managers, user experience experts and performance engineers to build new features customers will adopt and use while keeping the platform stable and scalable.
- Update software or enhance existing software capabilities.
- Operate effectively in the hybrid engineering model where engineers are expected to be able to design and complete
- the necessary work to ensure quality in their own code as well as other engineers.
- Mentor others in development technologies, tools, and processes.
- Present your own designs to internal/external groups and review designs of others.
- Develop test strategies, design automation frameworks, write unit/functional tests to drive up code coverage and automation metrics.
- Participate in the team’s on-call rotation to address complex problems in real-time and keep services operational and highly available.
- Telecommuting is an option. Some travel to Salesforce offices may be required.
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Deep knowledge of object oriented programming
- Tools: Git, Perforce, or other source control tools; Eclipse, IntelliJ, VS Code, or other IDE
- Experience using telemetry and metrics to drive operational excellence
- Experience with managing large, complex systems in the cloud
- In depth experience of design patterns, data structures, algorithms, and concurrency
- CI/CD automation experience, including the understanding of key open sources technologies like Jenkins, Spinnaker, and Docker
- Experience with test frameworks like JUnit, Selenium, WebDriver, or Rest Assured
- Experience with Scrum or other Agile Development methods
- Ability to debug, optimize code, and automate routine tasks
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Team-player with the ability to work effectively and efficiently with others
- Be a self-starter and possess strong sense of self-motivation
- Any suitable combination of education, training and/or experience is acceptable
- Public cloud engineering on GCP, AWS, Alibaba and/or Azure platforms
- Experience in designing and managing services to deploy/upgrade stateful applications at scale with robustness and availability in mind
- Experience with open source projects like HBase, MapReduce, Elastic Search, Kafka,Spark, Presto, Cassandra, Zookeeper Pig, or Hive SOAP/REST APIs
- Experience with container orchestration systems Kubernetes, Docker, Helios, Fleet or Mesos etc
- Experience owning and operating multiple instances of critical infrastructure services including, monitoring, alerting, logging, and reporting applications
- Experience designing, developing, debugging, and operating resilient distributed systems
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.