Senior/Lead UX Designer, Heroku
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategoryUser Experience
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
Your dream job.
Are you a problem solver, who loves working (and playing) in an energetic environment with thoughtful and intelligent people? As designers at Heroku, a Salesforce company, we define world-class developer experiences for a PaaS capable of planet scale. We put customers first and we’re looking for fun, empathetic, and passionate designers who want to reimagine what being makers and coders means.
You’re a Heroku Product Designer if:
You’re a maker, a doer, a thinker. What gets you fired up is putting pen to paper or keyboard to code, sketching concepts, and capturing ideas. Together, we’ll distill complex problems and propose simple, elegant solutions.
You’re enthusiastic about new technology and eager to craft amazing developer experiences. You’re plugged into tech trends, but also take the long view — you aren’t always chasing the flavor of the week. We enjoy working with people who think deeply, are always learning, and who love sharing new ideas with the team.
You have deep empathy for developers and want to provide them the best experience possible. You put the customer at the heart of your process, and can’t wait to apply your UX research and design chops to discover new insights and solve major challenges. Understanding the people who use our products is essential to what we do, and we want designers who are genuinely curious about their day-to-day lives.
You thrive in a collaborative, cross-functional environment and bring your own point of view to the table, drawing out the best in your team. You solicit feedback, connect with people outside your group, and ask lots of questions. At Heroku, you’ll work with engineers and product managers, but also with customer support, sales, and growth marketers — it takes a wide range of skills and experiences to push Heroku to become even better.
Sound like you? Then you’re someone we want to work with.
Join our outstanding Heroku design team, and you’ll work alongside our passionate and talented designers. When you get a breakthrough idea, we give you the power to run with it and make it a reality. You’ll work on features serving all types of customers, ranging from Fortune 100 companies to developers at early-stage startups. Grow with us, and see what we’re capable of together.
- Collaborate with our User Research team to validate and test new ideas that become great developer experiences.
- Partner with your Design team and Product Managers to define, ideate, and iterate on design solutions.
- Develop user flows, experience maps, and other artifacts that effectively communicate the desired end experience.
- Create screens and prototypes that illustrate the design solutions you’re proposing.
- Work with Engineering to deliver front ends that are turned into working products.
- Focus on the details—this matters a lot—creating beautiful products makes using our software fun and builds trust with our customers.
- We use Figma as our main design tool. No worries if you’re coming from Sketch, you’ll get the hang of it.
- You’re a systems thinker, and look for connections between seemingly disparate parts of product experiences.
- You’re highly knowledgeable about visual design fundamentals including layout, color, and typography.
- You have a deep dedication to learning from users and an understanding of user research methods.
- Extensive knowledge of designing for accessibility (a11y) best practices.
- You have strong presentation and communication skills. You’re able to clearly present your work and rationale to a variety of teammates, partners, and executives, and you understand how to shape your communication style and content to the needs of different audiences.
- You’re self-motivated and able to balance achieving design goals with meeting deadlines — you know when to “just ship it”.
- A history of working in a high-performance design team, giving and receiving feedback with no ego attached.
- You’re able to produce results independently as well as when part of a larger design team.
- You have an online design portfolio that demonstrates your outputs and thought processes for complex design challenges.
Nice to Have
- Familiarity with advanced features in Figma, such as variables and autolayout.
- Familiarity with the Ember.js framework.
- Mobile app design, analytic / infographic design, icon design.
- Experience documenting design styles.
- Experience designing developer tools, especially involving APIs, text user interfaces (TUI) and command line interfaces (CLI).
- Experience with UI pattern libraries.
- Experience using Heroku itself.
- 5+ years of experience working in digital product design, ideally at a technology company with some B2B/Enterprise exposure.
- An Undergraduate or Master’s degree in the area of User Experience, Human Factors, Human Computer Interaction, or related field with a focus on design or research.
Please submit a link to your portfolio with password with your resume in order to be considered.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.For New York-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $146,600 to $237,200.For Washington-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $133,400 to $215,600.For California-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $146,600 to $237,200.Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Certain roles may be eligible for incentive compensation, equity, benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.salesforcebenefits.com.