Solution Engineer - Tableau
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategoryCustomer Success, Sales
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
Lead Solution Engineer - Tableau
Location: Central and East, Hubs or Remote
We believe that businesses today have more questions that need data-driven answers than they have data scientists to answer them. What if you were empowered to solve these complex business problems for Fortune 500 companies? What if you had the World's #1 CRM with an Intelligent Experience to achieve that goal? What if you could work for a company that believes that equality, giving back to the community, and sustainability are as important as innovation and growth? What if you could turn everyday business analysts into #CitizenDataScientists and Trailblazers that transform their businesses? All this in the Worlds #1 Best Place to Work…sounds like fiction, you say? Absolutely not! Here at Salesforce, we call it #DreamJob!
Job Detail Description:
The CRM Analytics Solution Engineer believes in the powerful combination of AI + Data + CRM to transform businesses in the Fourth Industrial Revolution. Grounded in a proven foundation of Business Intelligence, the CRM Analytics (formerly Einstein Analytics, Wave) Solution Engineer layers on Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning to drive needle-moving impact for our customers across Sales, Service, Marketing, and full Salesforce solutions. Working in coordination with the core Salesforce sales team, the CRM Analytics Solution Engineer leads the technical sales cycle for Analytics and AI, from vision co-creation through storytelling demonstrations to deep-dive workshops, showing the customer the “how” in addition to telling them the “what”. We are seeking a hardworking individual who will thrive in the full spectrum from packaged Intelligent Applications, to custom, to programmatic Analytics solutions. This role will work closely with Tableau Account Executives on new and existing accounts. Ideal candidates have previous experience working with the Salesforce platform (including data architecture), business intelligence, AI, analytics, reporting and data integration applications in a customer-facing role.
- Understand and uncover business challenges and issues faced by the customer and be able to lead a targeted discovery session or workshop with business users to define, build and implement solution prototypes and pilots, and then run those pilots from inception to completion.
- Build and present customized demos that prove the business value of the solution
- Present Salesforce technology infrastructure, including demonstrating deep familiarity with the data architecture, software, networking and security stack
- The ability to confidently present and articulate the business value of the Salesforce's cloud-based application suite and Salesforce CRM Analytics platform to managers and executives of all levels
- Deliver product, technical, and security related responses on RFPs/RFIs
- Participate in all appropriate product, sales, and procedural training and certification to acquire and maintain the knowledge needed to be effective in the position
- Work as a team player by contributing, learning and sharing new knowledge
- Be conversant in integration and data migration approaches to facilitate enterprise-type sales cycles
- Multiply your efficiency by enabling adjacent teams to position CRM Analytics
- Drive new technologies such as Data Cloud, Generative and Predictive AI
- Handle multiple customer engagements concurrently
- Attain quarterly and annual objectives assigned by management
- Willingness and flexibility to travel as needed
- B.S. Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 5-10 years experience in technical pre-sales or consulting
- Thorough understanding of fundamentals of BI Familiarity with BI tools (OBIEE, Cognos, MicroStrategy, Tableau, Domo, Birst etc)
- Salesforce Certifications (Admin, Advanced Admin, CRM Analytics & Einstein Discovery Consultant) a strong plus
- Hands-on experience with JSON, shell scripting, Python or Java Hands on experience in analyzing data, identifying trends and building visualizations
- Experience with Generative and Predictive AI models
- Experience in Communications, Media, or Technology Industries a strong plus
- Experience with data modeling, logical star schema design and data warehouse concepts Experience with ETL tools (Informatica, Data Integrator, Data Transformation Services, etc.) a strong plus
- Solid verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.For New York-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $138,320 to $184,940.Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Certain roles may be eligible for incentive compensation, equity, benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.salesforcebenefits.com.