Director of Program Management, Customer Feedback
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategoryProgram & Project Management
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
The Research & Insights team plays an integral role in helping to transform the future of Salesforce. We ask our customers important questions because their honest feedback is crucial to our company's growth. Our organization analyzes data to drive innovation and decision-making that reflects the reality of how our customers use Salesforce. Our findings inspire stakeholders to build better experiences and develop products that best serve our customers' needs. From the initial spark of an idea to our customer success, we share holistic and deep insights that balance both business and customer needs.
The Director of Program Management, Customer Feedback position is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing team that is responsible for collecting customer feedback at scale through both our IdeaExchange tool as well as our Voice of the Customer tool: IdeaExchange helps Salesforce collect product feedback directly from customers. Voice of the Customer is Salesforce’s internal tool used to collect product feedback from customer-facing Salesforce employees (e.g. sales and support teams). Both tools are built on the Salesforce platform. These two tools align to give Salesforce a 360° perspective on our customers’ jobs to be done, which informs our product teams’ roadmaps. This position will place you right at the center of the action, providing an opportunity to make an impact on our customer’s product experience and guide our product teams’ vision for the future of Salesforce products.
This role will sit within the Research and Insights team, part of our Technology & Products organization. The Director of Program Management will develop the program vision, drive cross-organization collaboration to align and execute on the vision, track program milestones aligned to the vision, and provide leadership status updates against our goals. A primary focus of this role will be establishing and optimizing processes and programs that address both the strategic and tactical operational needs to enable our product teams to act on important customer feedback. This person will also be expected to ensure there is a feedback loop to communicate updates to our customers. This role will have multiple direct reports.
- Proven ability to develop and own a Program Strategy and Vision within a complex organizational structure
- Strong leadership and management skills, with experience leading cross functional and cross organizational teams
- Excellent collaboration and negotiation skills with the ability to lead cross-functional teams through ambiguity
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with executive communications experience
- Ability to drive large and complex programs within a large company
- Ability to manage team milestones, provide status updates, and make course correcting decisions
- Familiarity with software development process
- Experience working directly with technical teams, product managers, and customers
- Comfortable working in the face of ambiguity, and able to solve for immediate needs in balance with the long-term vision
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to translate complex data into actionable insights
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE/SKILLS REQUIRED:
- 8-10 years minimum of relevant work experience in Program Management
- Demonstrated experience building and leading large scale programs within a large organization
- Strong operational experience in identifying problems and developing solutions at scale to gain efficiencies and foster productivity
- B.A./B.S. degree or equivalent work experience
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE/SKILLS PREFERRED:
- Advanced experience using Salesforce and/or Salesforce Admin certification
- Experience working with research, analytics, or technical environments and experience with working with geographically-distributed teams
- Experience working with customer feedback
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.For Washington-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $174,900 to $253,700.For California-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $190,800 to $276,800.Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Certain roles may be eligible for incentive compensation, equity, benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.salesforcebenefits.com.