Director, Technology M&A Integration
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategoryProgram & Project Management
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
This role will be responsible for developing and delivering against technology integration goals specific to each acquisition and will manage multiple acquisitions and project work streams in parallel.
You will work with executive leadership to define strategic integration initiatives and act as trusted advisors to deal sponsors, key stakeholders, acquired teams, and other functional teams throughout the Technology and Product (T&P) organization.
This role serves as the owner of a range of M&A Technology Strategy and Planning initiatives, projects and engagements, and will be involved in all aspects of the acquisition life-cycle. You will be responsible for mapping, designing, developing and documenting integration and data migrations programs plans for various developers tools (Such as Jira, Github, CI/CD) for acquisitions.
The ideal candidate will have a relentless focus on overall technology acquisition success and thrive on team development and shared success. Successful candidate should have strong interest in developers tooling, data discovery and data migrations.
- Lead the planning of the technology track, ensuring the success of acquisitions' technology projects within the T&P M&A integration strategy.
- Creatively solve complex, cross-functional operational issues unique to each deal.
- Tailor integration programs for each acquisition, applying judgment and experience.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with other M&A teams to prioritize T&P programs with broader integration goals.
- Anticipate and remove obstacles with urgency to ensure project teams deliver on goals.
- Be the Subject Matter expert for Salesforce technology systems and processes, clearly outlining the processes and systems covered, along with establishing the Definition of Done for each:
- Identify mandatory and non-negotiable elements for the acquisition.
- Establish criteria for optional technology integration to qualify the requirement.
- Drive an ongoing improvement process with the M&A Technology integration team, so we provide better service and experience with each acquisition.
- Design and develop data application migrations using selected tools and frameworks as required and requested
- Be prepared for changes in business direction and understand when to adjust designs.
- Generate technical specification documentation. Drive innovation & improvement with scalability in mind.
- Demonstrate operational excellence and a strong can-do attitude.
- Play a key role in managing the acquisition and TMP Salesforce SMEs relationship. Work closely with the acquisition to ensure project progress and maintain constant open communication.
- See around corners and anticipate areas of friction, looking for ways to smooth the way ahead of all teams involved.
- In-depth understanding of Agile, Change, Problem, Incident, Prod Support management & related functionalities.
- A technical degree required.
- 10+ years of experience in technology.
- Strong leader who can prioritize well and communicate clearly/candidly across all levels of our organization.
- Passionate and knowledgeable about exploring and experimenting with the latest developer tools technologies.
- Familiarity with Scrum/Agile project management methodologies.
- Strong organizational, project management, analysis, and communication skills.
- Experience with Merger & Acquisitions Integration
- Ability to work well as a member of a highly integrated team composed of both technical and non-technical members.
- Experience in customer relationship management to effectively manage communications, conflicts, and negotiations, identify operational issues/risks, recommend and implement strategies to resolve problems, and monitor and measure satisfaction.
- Knowledge and experience with migrating systems and processes to standard consolidated options, such as Jira/Salesforce GUS, SCM/Github etc.
- Talented at explaining complex topics clearly, concisely, and effectively at providing practical guidance.
- Ability to prioritize and execute multiple tasks in a highly dynamic environment with a results oriented mindset.
- Experience working on the Salesforce platform.
- Ability and willingness to travel (domestic and international)
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.For Washington-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $174,900 to $253,700.For California-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $190,800 to $276,800.Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Certain roles may be eligible for incentive compensation, equity, benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.salesforcebenefits.com.