Sr. Manager/Director, Software Engineering
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategorySoftware Engineering
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
- Drive the execution and delivery by collaborating with multi-functional teams, architects, and engineers.
- Providing technical guidance, career development, and mentoring to team members
- Proactive in foreseeing issues and resolving them before they happen.
- Daily management of stand-ups as the Scrum Master for engineering teams.
- Ensuring teams have clear priorities and adequate resources.
- Be a multiplier and be passionate about the team and team members’ success.
- Vocally advocating for technical excellence and helping the teams make good decisions.
- Participating in multi-functional coordination, planning, and reviews with leads from other engineering teams.
- Maintaining and encouraging our culture by interviewing and hiring only the most qualified individuals.
Attributes of an ideal candidate:
- Be a phenomenal teacher and a mentor for her team who cares about people's success.
- Be a hands-on leader working closely with her team to deliver results.
- Be the source of energy and inspiration for direct reports and peers.
- Ability to navigate ambiguity and overcome obstacles
- Desire to establish engineering guidelines and practices according to the best industry standards
- BS or MS in computer science or a related degree
- 10+ years of industry experience designing, building, and operating high-scale enterprise services
- 5+ years of management experience with teams of 5 - 15 engineers
- Great design and problem-solving skills, with a strong bias for engineering excellence at scale
- Substantial development experience in Java, Scala, C++, C#/.NET, Golang, or Python
- Experience leading large-scale distributed systems, working with microservices and/or distributed architecture.
- Experience in hiring, mentoring, and leading engineers
- Deep understanding of cloud provider technology stack and implementation insights
- 5+ years of experience operating IaaS and PaaS services on Microsoft Azure or AWS
- 2+ years of experience managing other managers
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.For Washington-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $193,200 to $280,200.For California-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $210,800 to $305,600.Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Certain roles may be eligible for incentive compensation, equity, benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.salesforcebenefits.com.