IT Operations Engineer (Windows Admin)
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategoryEnterprise Technology & Infrastructure
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
Business Technology connects people and technology to transform the future of work at Salesforce. Guided by our core values of Trust, Customer Success, Equality, Innovation, and Sustainability, we deliver business outcomes that fuel growth, drive competitive advantage, and empower our employees and customers globally. BT’s scope stretches beyond traditional IT: We are also strategic partners, advocating for the best outcomes for our customers, always innovating, and helping to craft the future of work.
We oversee technology strategy, Salesforce on Salesforce, customer and partner enablement, applications engineering, infrastructure, teamwork, enterprise operations, architecture, and program enablement. We are Customer Zero, the best example of Salesforce products delivered globally, at scale, and sustainably.
Salesforce.com Business Technology is looking for a self-motivated person to join its IT Department as a Security Engineer to drive the technology of systems in our Windows fleet. The candidate will be responsible for maintaining All SLAs to 99% and collaborating with the Systems Engineering team in resolving any dependency issues on Windows instances. The candidate will need experience coordinating the Windows environment(Servers and clients) whose responsibilities include but are not limited to maintaining security and patch levels, policy management, software packaging, utility and install scripting, and user escalations. As a Security Engineer, the individual will be encouraged to provide resolution to technical issues, handle operational customer concerns, engineer solutions to help scale the organization, and improve operational efficiencies, and compliance with the environment.
* Manage and maintain security compliance SLA of 99% and above for Windows servers and client endpoints.
* Closely partner with stakeholders, internal teams, and vendors to promptly remediate the vulnerabilities in enterprise and end-user applications.
* Solve any system issues as a result of patching and vulnerability remediation activities.
* Participate in the team discussions and express your ideas openly.
* Drive improvements to our security patching and vulnerability remediation operating playbooks with better processes and resources.
* Automate repetitive manual tasks and processes
* Help onboard and ramp up new members of the team
* Holistic patching tool strategy across servers and client endpoints
* Implement the security patching and vulnerability remediation standards and policies for new M&A.
* Collaborate with Systems Engineering team members to build and support a plan to integrate private cloud infrastructure, imaging services, and configuration management for M&A.
* 6-8 years of Windows administration experience in client and server operating systems.
* BS or MS in Computer Science or similar fields or equivalent experience.
* MCSE or Equivalent Certification
* Experience with a scripting language: Python, Power Shell, or VB Script.
* Data and Trend Review: Salesforce Platform, Tableau, Excel, Google Sheets.
* Proven knowledge of the concepts of cloud computing, like AWS, and its core services
* Solid understanding of Patching and vulnerability remediation, understanding of security scanning tools like Qualys or Nessus agents.
* Work knowledge of Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, and Group Policies.
* Exposure to virtualization technologies, like VMware; experience fixing using VMware vCenter
* Experience with configuration management tools such as SCCM, Bigfix, and Tanium.
* Strong written and verbal skills to communicate sophisticated technical information effectively to the business.
* Outstanding ability to problem-solve, influence others, and manage relationships
* Experience with the ITIL framework, specifically Incident and Organizational Change
* Solid Understanding of Agile / Scrum methodology for deliverables of their tasks.
* Should be a great teammate.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.