IT Operations Engineer (Linux Administration)
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategoryEnterprise Technology & Infrastructure
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
Business Technology connects people and technology to transform the future of work at Salesforce. Guided by our core values of Trust, Customer Success, Equality, Innovation, and Sustainability, we deliver business outcomes that fuel growth, drive competitive advantage, and empower our employees and customers globally. BT’s scope stretches beyond traditional IT: We are also strategic partners, advocating for the best outcomes for our customers, always innovating, and helping to shape the future of work.
We oversee technology strategy, Salesforce on Salesforce, customer and partner enablement, applications engineering, infrastructure, collaboration, enterprise operations, architecture, and program enablement. We are Customer Zero, the best example of Salesforce products delivered globally, at scale, and sustainably.
Salesforce.com Business Technology is looking for a self-motivated person to join its IT Department as a Security Engineer to drive the technology of systems in our AWS fleet. The candidate will be responsible for maintaining All SLAs to 99% and collaborating with the Systems Engineering team in resolving any dependency issues on AWS instances. The candidate will need experience administering the AWS instances(Linux/Windows AWS instances) whose responsibilities include but are not limited to maintaining security and patch levels, policy management, software packaging, utility and install scripting, and user escalations. As a Security Engineer, the individual will be expected to provide resolution to technical issues, handle operational escalations, engineer solutions to help scale the organisation, and improve operational efficiencies, and compliance with the environment.
* Manage and maintain security compliance SLA of 99% and above for Windows, Linux AWS instances.
* Remediate all critical vulnerabilities in the environment as per severity guidelines directed by the business.
* Understanding the system design planning, review, and implementation to create enterprise solutions built on AWS and other cloud providers.
* Develop and maintain standards for cloud platforms, operating systems, blueprints, and artifacts.
* Implement large and transformational infrastructure projects (e.g. on-premises to the cloud).
* Collaborate with peers and partners in the execution of technology product evaluations, code reviews, proof of concepts, pilots, and the technology adoption life cycles.
* Delivery of programmable infrastructure (Infrastructure as Code) and automation/orchestration such as network, security, server, IAM, OS, and applications.
* Recommend modifications to systems to improve efficiency, reliability, and performance for delivering application and infrastructure in the cloud.
* Commitment to Security, quality, reliability, uptime, customer satisfaction, and data security.
* Participate in agile infrastructure scrum, kanban, and sprints.
* Good knowledge on operational support for Infrastructure as Code and native public cloud services (AWS: IAM, Cloudtrail, VPC, EC2, SSM)
* 6+ years of Linux administration experience (Windows, CentOS, Red Hat, Amazon Linux, Oracle Linux, Ubuntu, etc.)
* Previous “hands-on” experience with design, implementation, operation, and maintenance of AWS, compute, security, storage, logging, and monitoring as the need arises.
* Comprehensive experience with AWS technologies including a solid understanding of all concepts
* Experience with configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible.
* Knowledge of networking fundamentals and requirements for a hybrid cloud environment.
* Ability to code/script in administrative-type language (e.g. Python, Ruby, PowerShell, Bash).
* Experience with configuration management tools, (e.g. Puppet, Packer, Chef, Ansible, etc.)
* Must have strong experience in systems management in a cloud computing environment including the use of virtualization, load balancing, auto-scaling, networked storage, etc.
* Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining servers, storage arrays, and clusters.
* Have outstanding oral and written communication skills and work well in a distributed team environment where the goal is to spread knowledge.
* Proven ability to generate and maintain user documentation is required.
* Understanding of Agile / Scrum methodology for deliverables of their tasks.
* Should be a great teammate.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.