Senior Manager, Acquisitions GTM Integration
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
Salesforce is growing at the speed of light, both organically and through acquisitions. The Acquisition GTM Integration function is part of the broader GTM Transformation & Integration team. We are seeking an experienced Sr. Manager to join the Acquisition GTM Integration function, where this role will help fuel long-term growth of our acquired companies. We do this by defining and working cross-functionally to implement M&A Sales and Post-Sales Go-to-Market (GTM) strategies in the first 0-2 years post-acquisition.
The role will evaluate potential acquisition targets by leading post-term sheet detailed diligence, build quantitative rigor and drive alignment across key Salesforce Distribution (Sales/Post-Sales) leadership for acquisition deal model sales and post sales projections (top line growth, Annual Contract Value (ACV), Bookings, Revenue, Attrition, Margin, Expenses). The role will support defining and driving alignment on M&A Distribution (Sales/Post-Sales) plans, and implementing these plans through the integration process. The role will identify and report on key indicators of acquired companies’ sales performance and market opportunity, along with their post-sales capability across Customer Success, Professional Services, and Support. The role will use those findings to set the strategic agenda and drive projects for the Sales and Post-Sales integration, and present recommendations to Distribution (Sales/Post-Sales) Leadership. Projects will include business planning, market segmentation, pipeline analysis, coverage optimization, and ongoing performance measurement. Deliverables range from robust analytics models, custom performance analysis, tactical business initiatives, and the packaging of findings into presentation-ready content for Salesforce and acquired company executives.
The ideal candidate for this role will possess a passion for creating innovative analysis, the ability to synthesize information, and present recommendations that transcend the numbers to senior leadership, as well as the energy to contribute to projects impacting and transforming the business. The individual is highly curious, organized, driven, and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Perform due diligence with limited information during a compressed timeframe with an emphasis on detail and accuracy. Make recommendations on whether to proceed or not with a potential acquisition based on the diligence findings.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the acquired company’s post-close GTM strategy, objectives, and goals, and ensure that our processes tie back to support the goals of the business.
- Drive the business and M&A Distribution (Sales/Post-Sales) GTM plan forward by building trusted relationships cross-functionally with Sales and Post-Sales operations subject matter experts at peer level or above, at Salesforce and acquired companies.
- Post-acquisition close / interim period joint GTM execution: Drive Sales and Post-Sales (Success, Support, Renewals, Services) M&A and cross-functional teams across our Distribution organization on the joint Salesforce/acquired GTM design and integration plan, starting from Announce through to 6-18 months after acquisition, depending on size. Key activities include:
- Lead the design and development of the interim period systems and processes that support the GTM strategy and execution.
- Drive strategic alignment on joint operating plan, i.e. translating how the M&A Sales and Post-Sales GTM strategy will be implemented.
- Post-close prep which includes defining post-close M&A enablement strategy, data strategy, stakeholder communications and working with cross functional owners to implement to ensure successful launch of interim operations supporting the Sales and Post-Sales GTM strategy for the acquired businesses post-close and through the interim period.
- Build strong relationships and influence across a broad set of leadership and stakeholders across the company (Sales, Customer Success Group, Alliances & Channels, Marketing, Technology & Product, Corporate Development, Finance, Information Technology, Compensation/Incentive Design) to drive collaboration between Salesforce and acquired teams, remove obstacles to achieving operating plan goals and keep the business moving forward.
- Build thought leadership and be a strategic partner to Sales and Customer Success leaders globally through the M&A lifecycle (starting from pre-term sheet to integration). Set clear engagement models and integration roadmaps for acquisitions that are aligned with the business.
- Build trusted relationships with executives across the company to translate acquisition strategic rationale, and align on go-to-market true north, and key priorities. Apply sound business rationale, distill key priorities and influence cross-functionally to move the business forward.
- Be a trusted strategic partner to acquired leaders through the entire acquisition lifecycle, often starting as early as diligence. Balance the requirements of advocating for acquired companies with those of Salesforce, and be able to influence decisions that drive the right combined GTM outcomes.
- Setting and aligning cross-functionally on the interim and end-state Sales and Post-Sales GTM integration path, and working with various teams to translate these to deploy scalable GTM tools that set the path to full integration.
- Drive operational excellence and rigor throughout the M&A lifecycle for Sales and Post Sales across acquisitions by defining close+ 90 day working models, driving milestones and tasks forward, and having the ability to identify and escalate, as necessary, impediments that block the team’s ability to meet objectives.
- Own and drive to completion discrete portions of the Sales and Post-Sales M&A functional integration project plan. Create structure around unwieldy, ambiguous problems by coordinating people, process, and acquired/Salesforce teams.
- Experience: 6+ years of experience in a management consulting, strategy, and/or M&A capacity
- Values: Demonstrates the Salesforce values of Trust, Customer Success, Innovation, and Equality
- Education: BS/BA degree required, MBA preferred
- Strong Analytical Skills and Strategic Thinking: Strong data analysis and logical reasoning skills, with experience analyzing datasets using Excel, Tableau and/or SQL. Understands how strategy impacts operations and vice versa, and can translate strategy into analytics and operations.
- Executive Presentations & Storytelling: Confidence and strong presentation skills, with experience developing decks conveying insights from data analysis using Google Slides, and presenting to peers and leaders. Demonstrates high EQ, tact, diplomacy, and self awareness. Is able to have courageous difficult discussions, influence and negotiate, navigate productively through conflict, and lead cross functionally at peer level and above to drive decisions forward.
- Managing Ambiguity & Beginners Mindset: Ability to work effectively through a high degree of movement and change, demonstrating consistent ability to set a vision, prioritize, cut through noise, and implement through ambiguity. Comfortable working with limited information and asking questions.
- Results Oriented / Initiative: Self starter, excels in self directing, solution seeker, seeks new opportunities, does things without being told, requires minimum supervision. Is consistently accurate, delivers high quality work and on time. Looks for lasting results and long term solutions.
- Innovation: Demonstrates grit in the face of challenges, adversity. Independently develops new solutions to old problems, knows how best to effectively use resources to achieve goals.
- Leadership: Takes ownership, inspires people, expresses gratitude, is humble, authentic, leads by example, is transparent, honest and behaves with integrity, fosters trust.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.For New York-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $168,300 to $231,500.For California-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $154,300 to $231,500.Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Certain roles may be eligible for incentive compensation, equity, benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.salesforcebenefits.com.