Director, Process Excellence
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategoryProgram & Project Management
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
Salesforce embarked on a Process Excellence (PEX) journey to transform all of our enterprise End to End (E2E) processes to create the best experience for our clients and employees. Being profitable isn’t enough, it’s creating processes that optimize and deliver measurable change in the way we do business.
We are seeking a Director to deliver PEX strategy and enable Salesforce to develop the next generation of E2E processes. While the process focus may include optimization and productivity, the key goal is to create trust and strong partnerships with our stakeholders, positively impact the client and employee experience, and drive culture change. This role will lead and deliver the PEX Journey for multiple E2E processes and grow and mentor a team of Black Belts to execute. They will be a key member of the Process Excellence team and report directly to the Director, Process Excellence.
What you'll need to succeed:
This role requires a strategic problem-solver who enjoys taking the initiative, delivering change, and working with many stakeholders to grow a process excellence culture. The ideal candidate has a combination of strategy, operations, coaching, and technology experience, and is able to thrive in a high-growth and fast-paced environment. This role will work across various initiatives requiring a broad mix of work - some more operational/later stage and some strategic/ exploratory stage.
What you'll do:
- Accountable for delivering Process Excellence for one E2E to build the organizational skills and knowledge to design and optimize processes
- Create Process Excellence delivery plan that achieves the Process Excellence goals while partnering with Global Business Process Owners (GBPOs) on delivering projects
- Drive engagement on HULA culture. HULA is Salesforce's Business Process Innovation methodology based on Six Sigma. (Hear the problem, Understand the causes, Launch the solutions, Achieve the benefits)
- Influence and coach stakeholders on process improvement strategies
- Facilitate working sessions or Kaizen events to identify process wastes and deliver optimized future state processes
- Leverage internal metrics and benchmarks to identify business process improvement initiatives
- Share best practices by bringing insights to business unit counterparts and positively contribute to a culture of process excellence
- Prepare and deliver executive level presentations highlighting performance of the team in an easy-to-understand manner.
- Run cross-functional team meetings efficiently, with the ability to connect dots and influence key decisions.
- Support the planning process and be a trusted and critical adviser to the business's executive team and relevant partners during strategy formulation, development, and execution
- 8+ years of experience in leading continuous improvement, strategic initiatives, global business process ownership, business process optimization, transformation, and reengineering methodologies
- Must be Certified Black Belt or Master Black Belt from an accredited institution
- Proven experience and track record to deliver large scale transformational projects
- Experience in designing and applying operational processes optimization frameworks such as Lean Management, Six Sigma, and other process engineering tools
- Experience in planning and execution of large/ medium end-to-end processes within finance and operations domain including Quote to Cash, Procure to Pay, and Record to Report
- Excellent time and project management skills and able to build strong cross-functional relationships and work collaboratively
- Strong analytical background. Able to analyze information, make connections and demonstrates deep level thinking
- Strong organization, prioritization, team-work and communication skills (both written and oral) with ability to tailor message to the target audience
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally 10%+
- Change management certification
- Prior experience working on RPA initiatives from ideation to implementation to post production maintenance.
- Prior Knowledge of Salesforce and/ Tableau reporting applications (reports and dashboards)
- PMP certification
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.