Financial Planning & Analysis Analyst
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
Salesforce is the global leader in customer relationship management (CRM) software. We pioneered the shift to cloud computing, and today we’re delivering the next generation of social, mobile and cloud technologies that help companies revolutionize the way they sell, service, market and innovate–and become customer companies. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, the World’s Most Innovative Company according to Forbes and one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For. Our more human, less corporate culture is built around doing work that matters, winning as a team and celebrating success Aloha-style. Ready to find your #dreamjob?
The Finance & Strategy team is the global champion for smart growth & operational alignment - delivering financial predictability & control, business accountability, insight to optimize decisions and resources, and shareholder success. We serve as a trusted advisor to the business to help inform and guide decision making through business partner support and innovative and insightful analyses. We are looking for bright, goal oriented individuals that will succeed in a fast-paced environment and thrive in building and improving process that will allow the company to scale with growth.
The Technology & Product (T&P) Finance team is dedicated to the financial reporting and optimization of the T&P budget to deliver product growth while driving cost to serve efficiencies. This role will be responsible for supporting the T&P organization from a financial planning and analysis perspective - including support of the quarterly forecasting and monthly close cycles, as well as ongoing spend management and reconciliation. This role also partners across multiple functions including T&P business partners, corporate finance, recruiting, and others in T&P F&S to deliver consistently accurate financial forecasting, business insights, and improvements in execution. This position will report to the Manager, Finance & Strategy through the AMER Center of Excellence supporting T&P.
Deliverables include forecasting/analytic models, performance metric reporting/analysis, operational/process improvements, and findings packaged in presentation-ready content for executives. Additionally, this individual is expected to participate in cross-functional initiatives and projects.
- Build trusted relationships with key business partners, establishing trust and gaining an understanding of relevant business drivers
- Assist in monthly and quarterly reconciliations of actuals-to-budget.
- Work cross-functionally with Finance & Strategy, Accounting, Sourcing, and other business partners as necessary, to ensure alignment and expense accuracy.
- Utilize Budgetforce capabilities to scale variable budget planning, forecasting and execution at scale.
- Develop scalable reporting
- Support teams in developing the annual business plan and quarterly forecast updates by providing required data trends, reports and insights for the various department’s functions and regions.
- Assist with ad-hoc analysis and presentation requests
- Demonstrate intellectual curiosity and manage interdependencies on other company processes to meet work deadlines
- Degree or equivalent relevant experience required. Experience will be evaluated based on theValues & Behaviors for the role (e.g. extracurricular leadership roles, military experience, volunteer roles, work experience, etc.)
- 3+ years of FP&A , or relevant work experience
- Advanced Excel, required
- Experience with the following systems - Google Suite, Hyperion, Oracle, Tableau
- Understanding of GAAP, SOX and expense recognition principles.
- Experience building financial and decision support models, along with strong analytical, problem-solving skills
- Passion for process improvement and challenging the status quo
- Detail oriented to ensure accuracy in completion of tasks
- Experience with managing and reconciling spend to budgets.
- Ability to multitask effectively in a fast paced, quickly changing environment
- Ability to work cross functionally and an ability to influence at all levels within the organization
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) with an ability to explain complex issues in an understandable way
- Must be comfortable with changing requirements and priorities
- Must be results and service oriented and have a strong ability to make and communicate progress with incomplete information
- Intellectual curiosity, fueled by a proactive approach to continuously expand one’s skillset
- Highly motivated, self-aware, collaborative, and responsive
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.