Senior Manager, Mobile, Software Engineering
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategorySoftware Engineering
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
Are you excited about the opportunity to influence the software industry by being involved with visionary technologies and bringing them to life on mobile platforms? Do you want to work on consumer facing, but enterprise grade services? Do you like a start-up style delivery, with the vastly powerful Customer Success Platform? Want to work on award winning mobile applications that have millions of monthly active users? Then this might be the role for you.
We are looking for a Senior Manager to lead a team focused on building and delivering new experiences on Salesforce Mobile apps. We also look for leaders who focus intensely on how they can help each team member develop and grow their career, matching their unique aptitude and passion toward meaningful impact for our customers. Given our application’s unique requirements, we need someone who can balance between supporting the team through architectural improvements, developer productivity enhancements, and maintaining a high bar for quality via automation.
We work closely with Product Managers and Designers to define new features. This team is the first of its kind to build scalable experiences on top of Salesforce Mobile apps enabling performant world-class usage for millions of Salesforce Users around the world. The team is still being built and you would be establishing the first Mobile team based out of Bangalore India. We’re building a team of talented engineers, providing them with challenging problems to solve on behalf of our customers and then supporting their growth.
As an engineering leader, you are responsible for end-to-end delivery of the Salesforce Mobile Products from development to quality engineering. You should also have experience managing or leading a team with at least eight developers and successfully delivering products that ship to end-users. We have built a strong distributed culture and need a leader who can build strong relationships in a remote-friendly environment. You would working closely with your counterparts and stakeholders in USA.
* 3 + years managing software development teams as an engineering manager.
* Certified Scrum Master or demonstrates intimate knowledge and 2+ years of experience with agile development methodologies such as Scrum or Kanban.
* Experience developing and managing teams working on Mobile Products. Front End development experience or managing teams that do front end or full stack developemt is nice to have.
* Experience in managing complex projects that require a deep understanding of the application logic and dependencies, especially across teams and release boundaries
* Strong technical skills in object-oriented programming and web services or mobile technologies.
* Ability to motivate people, instill accountability, autonomy, and achieve consistent results.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills, impeccable organizational and time management skills.
* Agile, proactive, comfortable working with ambiguous specifications, and can prioritize on the fly.
* Experience in short release cycles, the full software lifecycle, and have worked on a product released for public consumption across multiple releases.
* Bachelor's Degree. Computer Science or Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience.
* Prior development or management experience with iOS/Android development.
* Knowledge of using C++ in cross-platform development or other cross-platform development techniques on mobile.
* Knowledge or experience working with the Salesforce Hyperforce Platform
Benefits & Perks
Check out our benefits site which explains our various benefits, including wellbeing reimbursement, generous parental leave, adoption assistance, fertility benefits, and more.
Check out our Salesforce Engineering Site.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.