Workforce Strategy & Planning Manager
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
We are looking for a Workforce Strategy and Planning Manager to join our BT Strategy and Operations team. This pivotal position is responsible for shaping the future direction of BT by defining and completing IT workforce strategies and plans. This role collaborates closely with Executive Leadership, Finance, Employee Success (HR), and Vendor Management Office to drive effective workforce planning outcomes that deliver business value. In this role you will be responsible for leading business planning, strategy development, and execution of key workforce program initiatives. This position is an opportunity to not only define IT Workforce Strategy but also to support the execution and delivery of workforce planning and business outcomes.
- Strategic Problem solver: Ability to translate details into bigger picture implications driving the business forward, challenging the status quo. Aligns the right resources to the task at hand; foresees and plans around obstacles.
- Innovate for Growth: Always thinking about how to make improvements; able to implement changes that map to business strategy.
- Focus on Customer Success: Builds and maintains relationships with BT leadership and internal business partners.
- Builds Trust and Credibility: Makes decisions based on the organization’s values - actions are consistent with company’s core values. Ability to set clear vision - role models a growth mindset and shares mistakes widely for others to benefit and adopts a learning mentality.
- Lead & Adapt to Change: Thrives in a changing, dynamic environment and can drive operational efficiencies that map to changing needs. Relishes leading even when times are tough and models the attributes of a GREAT leader. Salesforce Great Leader characteristics include being Salesforce Hard-working, ability to Get it Done, Win as a Team, Motivate and Champion, and being an adventurous Communicator.
- Partner with BT leadership to lead the development of workforce strategies and long range business plans
- Develop function specific hiring, external sourcing, and internal development plans that address workforce capability and capacity gaps
- Maintain quarterly position hiring plans and forecasts in partnership with BT leadership, recruiting, and finance
- Monitor workforce strategy and planning progress to plan by delivering workforce operational reviews
- Manage and govern positions in Workday according to plan and budget
- Support the execution of workforce programs and other transformation initiatives
- Conduct adhoc research, analysis, and reporting on workforce strategy and planning topics
- Partner with Finance to monitor and manage IT workforce spend
- Five years of proven experience in a Workforce Planning or similar Strategy and Planning role in a large global company
- Exceptional communicator with a strong ability to influence and build trust with executives and cross-functional collaborators
- Ability to develop and effectively deliver presentations to VPs and SVPs
- Proven ability to analyze, present, and action on raw data with expertise in google sheets and/or other data visualization tools
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to stay organized and manage to deadlines
- Experience partnering cross-functionally with Finance, HR, and other support functions
- Exceptional leadership capabilities and strong interpersonal skills
- Willing to overcome organizational obstacles and develop creative solutions.
- A self-starter, highly motivated, able to shift directions quickly when priorities change
- Excellent teammate that is able to work with virtual and global cross-functional teams
- Understanding of Information Technology org strategy and operating models
- Workday position management experience
- Previous experience in Workforce or People Analytics
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.