To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
responsible for assisting in monthly and quarterly processes including SSP analysis
and reporting. The role will also share responsibilities for SOX compliance,
maintenance and integration of acquired entities, and system projects within the
Revenue Recognition team. Additionally, this individual will be a subject matter
expert in Revenue Recognition, supporting our internal revenue team and our
business partners in reviewing, guiding and implementing new go to market
initiatives. The ideal candidate must enjoy working in a fast paced and changing
environment working across many different functions including finance, product,
sales, BT, and external vendors! The successful applicant must excel in leading
and understanding a wide range of issues and business models that may be driven
by acquisitions, revenue recognition requirements, and strategic shifts in go-to-
market strategies. The position reports to Director, Revenue Recognition!
- Review and identify gaps in policies and procedures stemming from new go-to market initiatives
- Draft technical accounting memos related to relevant new guidance and/or non-standard transactions and business models
- Create presentations to deliver to company management and external auditors on non-standard and highly technical topics
- Assist with IT system projects including Revenue Management System upgrades and acquired entity integration
- Work closely with various business partners to address technical revenue recognition concerns for potential new deal models, pricing and packaging changes, and partnerships
- Work with our Revenue Recognition team and respective business partners to improve existing processes and identify areas for automation
- Work with the Revenue Recognition team and respective business partners to develop and maintain SOX Compliance
- Degree or equivalent relevant experience required. Experience will be evaluated based on the Values and behaviors for the role (e.g. extracurricular leadership roles, military experience, volunteer roles, work experience, etc.)
- Very proficient in ASC 606 and SOX accounting standards
- Experience researching technical accounting topics and drafting technical accounting memos and policies
- Strong MS Excel skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to successfully lead a team
- Project Management skills including planning, task assignment, status tracking and reporting
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to articulate verbally and written,
- Willingness to appropriately debate difficult issues; ability to think quickly and present to an audience
- Cultural sensitivity and awareness of regional business practices
Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, fast-growing company where adaptability is imperative
Ability to establish relationships with new and existing executives across functions
Ability to quickly grasp company operations and business drivers
Experience in the hi-tech industry preferred
Experience using Salesforce
Experience using Revenue Management Software (Zuora Revenue)
Experience using Tableau highly preferred
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.