Senior Engineering Manager (Expansion) - Slack
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategorySoftware Engineering
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
Slack is looking for a Senior Engineering Manager within the Expansion organization. This team helps drive growth, education, deep engagement and monetization of users on Slack by using a data driven and highly iterative process of building new features. We are an engineering team partnered with Product, Product Marketing, Design and Data Analytics and the work we do has a top-line impact on company goals.
This team mission is to make it obvious to commit to the premium Slack experience for companies for all sizes and locales. In this role, you will need to meld creative product thinking, a thirst for understanding people from a variety of backgrounds, and thoughtful use of data in order to build the best in class purchase and billing experience for enterprise software.
You’ll lead a hardworking team of frontend and backend engineers while growing out your team through recruiting efforts. We're looking for someone invested in their team's career development and that facilitates psychologically safe discussions around: project deliveries, process improvements, and mentorship. You should be well-versed in full-stack design principles and be able to give advice on code architecture and implementation.
What you will be doing
- Use data to make decisions about prioritization and impact
- Have a real passion for experimentation
- Mentor and coach engineers on the team, helping them to develop into technical leaders
- Work closely with Product, Design, Data, and Marketing to conceive features that will help our users to successfully build their teams
- Build roadmaps and long-term team vision in partnership with the Product team
- Be accountable for driving project execution
- Define and fulfill the engineering hiring plan for the team, including screening and interviewing.
- Anticipate future technical needs and craft plans to realize them
- Collaborate with other engineering leaders on priorities, processes, and policies
- Bonus or Nice to have: Experience with payments, e-commerce purchase/checkout or billing systems.
What you should have
- You have 2+ years of engineering management experience leading productive, high-functioning teams.
- You have a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
- Ability to weigh several and often conflicting constraints to make rapid decisions in a multifaceted and quickly-growing company
- You have enough technical experience to discuss architecture and product decisions with engineers.
- You have a proven history of shipping products with consistent execution.
- You are highly organized and thrive in rapid-paced environments.
- You don’t shy away from performance conversations and you recognize the relationship between objective feedback and career growth.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.For Colorado-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $156,800 to $215,600.Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Certain roles may be eligible for incentive compensation, equity, benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.salesforcebenefits.com.