Director, Strategic Workforce Planner
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategoryEmployee Success
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
The Director, Strategic Workforce Planner (WFP) will join a collaborative team responsible for leading company-wide workforce strategy, planning, and workforce tracking/reporting. This team works closely with our business unit executives, Employee Success Business Partners (ESBPs), Recruiting, and Finance to support data-driven and forward-thinking talent strategy and global workforce plans for all of Salesforce.
The Workforce Planning Center of Excellence (COE) Planner will partner with Executive Business Leaders, Employee Success Business Partners (ESBPs), Employee Success (ES) Centers of Excellence (COEs) and Finance to develop and implement new thoughts, processes, and tools to drive the business strategy and talent strategy. As a team, the COE Planners will also be responsible for the process of identifying people-related opportunities and challenges associated with changes to the business, then developing a plan with each business unit to capitalize on the opportunities, mitigate risks, and plan for the future.
The Workforce Planning Center (WFP) Center of Excellence (COE) Planners will bring a cultural shift towards becoming an organization that is proactive, enterprise wide, future-facing, and global. Key to this role is the ability to think strategically, build functional relationships with executive business leaders, apply critical thinking skills, ask provocative questions, and take initiative to get results. The successful candidate must be highly collaborative and consultative, able to work closely with the most senior leaders of the business and their advisors, and come prepared with data and a story.
- Accountable for helping business units establish long-range strategic, annual, and quarterly workforce plans
- Engages with senior executive Business Leaders to build multi-year workforce plans and enterprise coordination
- Drives alignment of WFP program outcomes with business needs by understanding business requirements, strategic drivers and future organizational trends and objectives
- Serves as the company WFP subject matter expert with knowledge, skills, and experience needed to work through challenges, find opportunities, and communicate progress against goals to the rest of the organization
- Assists with the Organizational change and communication efforts as the organization adopts new ways of working, processes and the Workday Adaptive planning tool
- Responsible for long-range, annual, and quarterly planning process and the handoff to the Position Management Process
- 8+ years of strategic workforce planning experience including planning on multi-year horizons
- Experience using workforce planning technology like Workday Adaptive, Anaplan, OrgVue, SAP SuccessFactors or proprietary workforce planning systems
- Proven experience building strategic partnerships and relationships with diverse partners and executive leaders across the business including gaining buy-in for long range, strategic workforce plans and overcoming resistance
- Strong communication skills including experience presenting to executive leaders and influencing
- Excellent business knowledge with the ability to immerse yourself in the business units you are supporting for workforce planning and quickly become an expert on their organization and strategy
- Critical thinking skills include the ability to ask thought provoking questions, develop deep business knowledge and trust, and put clarity around the unknown
- Problem-solving skills including being able to adapt and pivot plans as needed
- Analytical approach including data proficiency and being able to use data to tell stories to gain agreement and influence partners and executive leaders
- Global strategic workforce planning experience for employee populations of 10K+ is preferred
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.For Colorado-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $151,100 to $219,100.For Washington-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $166,200 to $241,100.Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Certain roles may be eligible for incentive compensation, equity, benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.salesforcebenefits.com.