Lead, Visualization Engineer
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategorySoftware Engineering
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
Lead/Senior Lead Visualization Engineer -T&P Pillar
Trust is our #1 value at Salesforce. The Data and Analytics (DnA) team powers that value and propels Salesforce growth through providing trusted data, insights, and artificial intelligence that enables us to make smarter decisions in every dimension. We develop tools for financial forecasting, assessing customer health, uncovering adoption insights, data curation, and more, all designed to support another core value at Salesforce... customer success.
The TMP (Technology, Marketing, and Product) Pillar of the DnA team serves as analytical partners and trusted advisors to cloud leads and product managers. We work with our cloud partners to discover new opportunities for growth and optimization, drive data-informed product strategy, and create actionable insights that enable our stakeholders to maximize product adoption and customer value.
As strategic business partners, we acquire deep knowledge and understanding of our cloud areas and business goals, build and manage cross-functional relationships, and communicate through digestible, relevant, and actionable storytelling. We manage data and insights as a product, partnering with other DnA functions to develop and deliver data assets, such as dashboards and data applications. We leverage programming skills, statistical techniques, and data science practices - such as experimentation, forecasting, clustering, etc. - to wrangle data and deliver relevant and trustworthy insights.
As a Visualization Engineer, you will design and develop data products and help prepare Business Intelligence insights that help Product Executives make key decisions that shape product and distribution strategy.
Know more about our culture:
Our Story & Core Values: Bringing People together changes everything
Women Leadership: How Salesforce is nurturing women tech leaders of the future
Everyone can be a Trailblazer with Salesforce
Why Bring Your Kids to Work Day is so much more than one day of fun
Learn more about DnA:
Who We Are
We’re Data and Analytics, a team of more than 300 with expertise in business intelligence, data science, visualization, and data engineering, dedicated to providing trusted data, rigorous analysis, and actionable insights our partners use every day, enabling them to transform and grow Salesforce products, services, and solutions.
We build strong, enduring partnerships with leaders and teams across the company. These relationships develop our understanding of every business we’re engaged with, deepen over time, and enhance our ability to highlight emerging challenges and opportunities. We’re continuously connected to our stakeholder community, so we don’t need time to “get up to speed” when the landscape changes. We move as quickly as the data does.
How We Work
We are a global team, with members across the US, Canada, and India, and with skillsets across a variety of functions.
The process begins and ends with data. As we build our roadmaps, we determine how to access and collect the right information to answer the key business question(s) at hand. Our decision scientists, data scientists, and machine learning engineers identify relevant metrics and variables and build models to further refine our initial answer.
Our visualization engineers create data visualizations, tools, and interactive dashboards to bring new insights to the forefront and enable on-demand, self-service exploration. Combining knowledge and expertise across our entire team, we distill key learnings and co-develop action plans with partner teams. Refined strategies are executed, putting these new insights to use.
Success in the Role: What would it look like?
As a Visualization Engineer, you will
* Engage with Solution Architects to assist in solution design efforts with lens on data visualization
* Write APIs to pull data from enterprise gold source in Snowflake
* Design, build, test, launch, and enhance new dashboards and visualizations
* Gather requirements from the business, DnA Product Managers, and Data Analysts and ensure dashboards and visualizations provide insights that satisfy business need
* Communicate final visualizations to all stakeholders and the business
* Create dashboard user manuals using industry standard protocols
* Provide feedback to Data Source & Supply team on unique data transformations for integration into the Gold Source
* Work across time zones with US and Canada team members to deliver top-notch data visualization products
* 6 - 9 years of Data Visualization experience using Tableau, Einstein Analytics, Scuba, and other BI tools.
* Expert in SQL, strong Python or R user, and familiar with tools like Splunk to wrangle, analyze data, and develop reports.
* Strong understanding of business problems and ability to communicate with business and product stakeholders
* Actively uses cloud computing platforms and data warehouse such as Snowflake. Additional experience with AWS preferred.
* Ability to quickly learn and gain a deep understanding of Salesforce business processes.
* Ability to perform thorough analysis of complex data, draw sound conclusions, and devise actionable strategies.
* Proficiency in at least one business intelligence tool such as Tableau or Einstein Analytics is required.
* Experience in architecting, designing dimensional sets and caching methods.
* Expert in the visual representation of complex information for driving business impact.
* SME and evangelist on enterprise data, visualization, data analysis, data modeling, SQL constructs and workload management.
* Expert in Dimensional Data Modeling, product design, prototyping and presentation layer design.
* Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks in a highly dynamic environment with a results oriented approach.
* Detail oriented with proven analytical, problem identification and resolution skills.
* Ability to work effectively in an unstructured and fast-paced environment, and have a high degree of self-management with clear communication and commitment to delivery timelines.
* Proven interpersonal, communication and presentation skills – must be able to explain technical concepts and analysis implications clearly to a wide audience.
* Experience in the use of open source software.
* Experience with agile methodologies, data governance and security.
* A related technical degree required.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.