Lead Apex Developer
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategorySoftware Engineering
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
Lead Apex Developer
San Francisco, CA
With over 12 million badges earned to date, Trailhead has reinvented the way people learn Salesforce and is helping people get new skills and further their careers. Trailhead helps learners unlock their potential with personalized journeys tailored to their goals to learn new skills, earn valuable credentials, connect with our vibrant, modern community, and grow their companies and careers. We've also extended the magic of Trailhead to our customers with Trailhead Academy where customers can learn directly from experts. The Trailhead Technical Operations team builds and manages product capabilities and applications that help Trailhead Academy, Trailhead Product, Marketing, and Sales teams perform their best. We have a distributed team and with a collaborative environment. We value transparent communication and feedback, code reviews, and making learning fun.
If you thrive in a fast-paced, innovative, highly collaborative environment, have the deep technical ability, and love solving complex business problems using Salesforce products, then this is the job for you!
Day-to-day, you work closely with the product, architects, engineers, and UX team to build features and capabilities that consistently delight our Trailblazers. You should have a passion for building elegant solutions while minimizing technical debt. This is a rare opportunity to build something that positively impacts millions of users helping folks develop new skills and break into new careers.
You are responsible to write and review code that others can understand, support, maintain, and expand, and providing other team members with direction on development projects. You are aware of trends and technical developments in the industry, and how those can be applied in your work, and have a point of view on the delivery approach for very complex or foundational features. You have the demonstrated ability to anticipate technology lifecycle issues, work with projects involving multiple systems, and influence the team to deliver durable, extensible solutions.
This job requires that you be a quick learner, and self-starter with the ability to work under pressure, meet aggressive deadlines, and handle multiple projects/tasks simultaneously. This is also a fun, creative, and fast-paced environment. You will be responsible to adapt quickly, motivating people, instilling accountability, and achieving results. You must possess excellent oral communication and documentation skills and be able to interact with teammates to deliver fast and reliable code. You will also be required to contribute ideas and provide feedback on many projects within the team’s portfolio and be an innovator.
- Translates business requirements into solutions that best leverage the Salesforce platform and various integrations.
- Develop solutions that leverage Salesforce standard processes and introduce new technologies when necessary.
- Develop and configure highly functional, scalable, and easily maintained applications.
- Develop end-to-end Salesforce solutions including custom platform development (APEX, Triggers, Lightning Web Components, Visualforce) and external data integration (middleware tools, Salesforce APIs)
- Automate business processes using Salesforce automation tools, such as Process Builder, Workflows, Formulas, Flow, Assignment Rules, and Email Alerts.
- Assist in estimating work effort.
- Participate in peer code reviews and unit testing.
- Provides application support by analyzing defects, replicating/fixing defects, and providing root cause analysis for defects. Fixes and resolves functional and performance-related issues.
- Experience using verbal and written communication with internal and external users.
- Able to work independently to analyze issues and resolve problems.
- Experience prioritizing work and meeting time-sensitive deadlines, including follow-through while balancing and prioritizing multiple activities and responsibilities.
- Demonstrated experience engaging in creative problem-solving and taking initiative while applying a solutions-oriented approach and exhibiting flexibility and good judgment in a complex organizational ecosystem.
- Ability to be professionally engaged, present, and on-camera using virtual face-to-face technologies (MS Teams, Zoom, WebEx, chat, etc.)
- Cultivate effective, trusted working relationships with teams located globally across time zones.
- Engage in all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) including interacting with business partners. requirement gathering, application design, development, testing, troubleshooting, maintenance, and enhancements.
- A related technical degree required.
- 10+ years of experience in Salesforce development, customization, and deployment.
- Good understanding of SDLC, waterfall, and agile project methodologies.
- Designing large-scale systems in distributed environments.
- Lightning and customer 360 experience is a must.
- Experience with Apex/SOQL/LWC/Web Services coding hands-on experience.
- Solid understanding of Salesforce Objects, Data Models, and Business Processes.
- Experience with custom integration, Experience Cloud, implementation of Sales Cloud and Service Cloud and with Salesforce Sites, API Calls.
- Working experience in AppExchange App Development and Package Creation.
- Strong communication, customer service, troubleshooting, and organizational skills and ability. to complete assigned work with minimal instruction and supervision.
- Working experience with various Salesforce deployment pipelines like Salesforce DX, GitHub Actions, Jenkins, etc.
- Ability to identify and apply best practices, standards, and SDLC concepts to all functional areas.
- Experience with Git and standard branching strategies.
- Experience with SFDC governor limits, licensing, SFDC best practice and Community Cloud offerings.
- Experience with CMS, Knowledge, and custom business processes.
- Experience in dealing with performance, and scaling issues.
- Familiar with Identity, SAML, and Salesforce cross-cloud integrations.
- Experience with Cloud Infrastructure (AWS, Heroku).
- Familiar with integrations with Commerce Cloud, MuleSoft, and data migrations.
- Scratch org development and source-driven development in the SFDC context.
- Participating in activities related to the design, development, and maintenance of Enterprise Applications.
- Strong analytical and technical troubleshooting skills, perseverance, and persistence.
- Strong communicator who can explain sophisticated technical concepts simply.
- Capacity for work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment where multi-tasking and juggling priorities are typical.
- Relevant Salesforce Certifications (Platform Developer, Platform App Builder, Administrator, etc.).
- Good knowledge of software engineering principles, design patterns, and mocking.
- Experience with the Education and Learning technology domain is a strong plus.
- Expertise in Salesforce Commerce Cloud technologies.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.For California-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $160,000 to $258,700.Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Certain roles may be eligible for incentive compensation, equity, benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.salesforcebenefits.com.