Commercial Account Executive - Central
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
Note: By applying to the Commercial Account Executive posting, recruiters and hiring managers who support multiple cloud offerings and verticals across the organization will review your resume for open Account Executives roles. Our goal is for you to apply once and have your resume reviewed by multiple hiring teams. Please note some of these positions may be office-based, office-flexible or remote depending on the team.
Our up-market Commercial team focuses on working with exciting growing organizations of 1,000-10,000 employees. You will have the opportunity to work in a fast paced team with varied communications, media, and technology customers and receive personalized training and career opportunities.
Sales Organization Description:
Our Sales Organization is made up of the business segments below. Within these business segments, the teams sell across multiple verticals and there are teams that sell specifically into one industry or vertical.
You may be aligned to the following verticals and/or clouds:
- Financial Services
- Healthcare & Life Sciences
- Retail & Consumer Goods
- Comms, Media and Tech
- Consumer & Business Services
- Travel, Transportation & Hospitality
- Public Sector
- Marketing Cloud
- New Logo
- Enterprise Corporate Sales
In addition, we have Core Teams that sell the entire Salesforce Platform and our Co Prime teams specialize in a specific cloud solution including but not limited to Service Cloud, Marketing Cloud, Commerce Cloud, Heroku or Quip.
Commercial Business Unit:
Mid Commercial (201 - 1000 employees)
General Commercial (1001 - 4500 employees)
Day to Day
- Selling either the entire Customer 360 Platform or a specific cloud across a set of Salesforce customers
They do this by...
- Having a deep understanding of the way businesses operate, and the priorities that drive decisions from the C-level
- Creating demand by uncovering business problems and matching them to our solution
- Uncovering business initiatives and pain points to map back our solutions across multiple lines of business
- Building credibility and trust while influencing buying decisions
- Selling on value and return on investment vs. technical functionality
- Generating pipeline that leads to closed revenue and quota attainment
- Partnering with internal resources in order to drive additional value and expertise
- Average of 5-15 years of experience preferred of full cycle sales experience, with at least 3 in the field
- Experience managing a list of 2-20 accounts, 100% existing customers OR 50-200 accounts, 100% New Logo
- Experience selling to the C-suite
- Ability to build and deliver presentations to your customers
- Degree or equivalent relevant experience required. Experience will be evaluated based on the core competencies for the role (e.g. extracurricular leadership roles, military experience, volunteer roles, work experience, etc.)
Our investment in you
World class enablement and on-demand training - check out Trailhead.com for a sneak peek!
- Sandler Sales Training
- Week-long product bootcamp
- Fast Ramp mentorship program
- Weekly 1:1 coaching with your leadership
- Clear path to promotion with accelerated leadership development programs
Working at Salesforce
Working at Salesforce isn’t all about selling. It’s also about learning, and we heavily invest in you with a month-long immersion and onboarding, including: a week-long product bootcamp, mentorship program, weekly coaching and development programs.
We are pioneers of the Pledge 1% model, providing product, grants and community service to those in need. We are proud to be#1 in PEOPLE’s Top 50 Companies that Care, and are on Fortune’s Change the World list.We provide every employee with 7 paid volunteer days off a year, and donation matching for all approved charitable donations.
We provide other world-leading benefits to all our employees, including;
- Health, life insurance, retirement saving plan
- Monthly wellness allowance
- Flexible time off & leave policies
- Parental benefits
- Perks and discounts
- More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.getsalesforcebenefits.com/
Salesforce is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.For Colorado-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $74,300 to $144,700.Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Certain roles may be eligible for incentive compensation, equity, benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.salesforcebenefits.com.