Manager, Sales Programs Public Sector
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
Overview of the Role
Salesforce is looking for a Sales Programs Manager to join the Salesforce Public Sector Team based in our McLean VA Hub. The Sales Programs Team is a fast paced, high impact team functioning as the pipeline business partner for our sales organization. Sales Programs incorporates a mix of Demand Generation planning/coordination/execution based on Pipeline trending analysis and participation. The role will report into the Senior Director of Sales Programs and the scope of coverage is our Aerospace & Defense lines of business.
- Accountable for supporting the coordination of a best-in-class and consistent consolidated demand generation plan to meet Sales pipeline generation targets, taking into account sales leader priorities for the region
- Ensure full engagement of sales teams and relevant extended groups in relevant demand generation actions via executive communication and review of results, with full involvement in the Sales management team
- Identify and promote best use of pipeline generation tools within sales teams, and sharing demand generation best practices across countries and segments
- Present to senior level management on pipeline trends and progression, including strategic recommendations and inclusive action plan, with a view to developing the business and solving performance issues
- Own and be accountable for the regional Demand Generation board and Pipeline machine cadence, pipeline health-check review, pipeline targets and regional pipeline management reviews
- Simplify internal communications to ensure sales leaders and sales reps are receiving the most critical, targeted information they need, when they need it
- Drive & Own Innovation across our processes and practices, challenging the status quo in the objective to drive productivity and impact along our activities
- Position is Office Flexible, must have the ability to work from the McLean, VA office a minimum of one day per week, and potentially additional in-office time as needed
- 5+ years experience in a similar programs role or sales readiness, marketing, or sales
- Strong networking, relationship-building, communication and influencing skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and quantitative approach to solving problems
- Strong organizational ability, experienced in planning and managing a systematic approach to demand generation through sales teams
- Proactive, creative and innovative thinker. Must be able to generate consistently new ideas for driving and supporting divisional priorities through Sales Programs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated, organized, detail-oriented, and resourceful
- Flexibility and ability to adjust on the fly to new demands; sense of urgency
- Proficiency in PowerPoint and Excel, Salesforce.com experience
- Degree or equivalent proven experience required. Experience will be evaluated based on the core competencies for the role (e.g. extracurricular leadership roles, military experience, volunteer roles, work experience, etc.)
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.