Sr. Business Analyst - Business Data Governance
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
Salesforce governed customer & sales data is foundational to achieving 30s+% operating margin while transforming into a $100B+ company.
The mission of the Customer & GTM Data Governance Team is to provide leadership and stewardship of Salesforce internal data through the business Data Governance Councils (DGCs) and by leading cross-functional data-driven initiatives. We are trusted advisors to data stakeholders and Salesforce internal teams to implement data solutions that foster growth, increase productivity, and improve end-users experience. We strengthen the collaboration and data compliance across Salesforce internal Orgs, as a foundation to Salesforce internal transformation journey to a multi-org architecture; We actively engage our business stakeholders in data stewardship and data quality activities as a foundation to Salesforce delivery of efficient AI centric solutions. And we thrive to resolve tech debt to ensure business continuity and efficiency at scale.
The Data Governance Operations Senior Analyst will lead the Customer & GTM data governance office; He/She/They will support the operationalization of the new OrgSF data governance and data management by enabling business data stewards to manage their critical data cataloguing, data classification, and dictionaries of data integration across Salesforce internal Orgs. He/She/They will manage a portfolio of initiatives that improves data dictionaries’ management, with the objectives to improve the maturity of data governance practices at Salesforce, and to improve the business data stewards experience and engagement.
Our ideal candidate has substantial experience working with large and complex matrix companies, data governance operations, cross-functional project management, and executive communication. He/she/they must have a proven ability to build relationships in both business and IT functions, the ability to act independently and be successful in an unstructured, team-oriented environment, and the experience working on Salesforce platforms.
- Enable new Data Governance teams (new Orgs, new Business Teams) in Supportforce Metadata Catalogue and Alation
- Maintain Customer & GTM Critical Data Dictionaries (OrgSF Critical Data based on Lotus project dictionaries, Org62 critical data)
- Create User Guides, a confluence site for the Customer & GTM Data Governance Operations, and standardize data governance operations’ processes and operational assets in alignment with the Enterprise Data Management standards
- Propose improvements to make operational activities more effective, efficient and consistent, and manage a portfolio of data governance operations projects: from prioritization of initiatives and management of backlog, to creation of project and communication plans; Example: certification of data classification and categorization, automation of data integration across Orgs’ dictionaries, improvement of governed objects’ change requests, ...
- Create reports and dashboards to track data governance operations performance
- Manage the transformation of Salesforce data governance operations adapted to the data architecture changes, a broader data community, and in compliance of new Enterprise Data Management standards
- Ensure quality of operational assets (e.g. Confluence / google site, Standard Operating Procedures, Governance Templates, Business Glossary, Data Policies, Data Dictionaries, Slack workflows, ...)
- Scale and evangelize Salesforce Data Governance best practices; Prepare and facilitates a quarterly share & learn focused on Data Governance applied best practices
- Bachelor’s degree minimum required
- 5-7+ years project management experience, PMP certification is a plus
- 5+ years of experience in analyzing business processes deeply across multiple data domains (i.e. Customer, Employee, Marketing)
- 2+ years of experience in enterprise data governance: including data stewards enablement, and metadata management and data cataloguing, CMPD certification is a plus
- Strong experience in facilitating discussions and influencing a broad range of stakeholders from various organizations (IT, sales, marketing, operations, employee success, finance, etc ...) with various seniority level (associate to senior directors) and gaining alignment
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills with the ability to explain complex issues in simple ways
- Highly organized, action-oriented and execution-driven
- Process-improvement mindset and demonstrated self-starter
- Salesforce experience, Salesforce Admin certification is a plus
- Strong experience in Customer Success, Customer Support, or Customer Relationship Management is a plus
- Experience in Data Privacy and Data Protection is a plus
- Attention to Detail: #your favorite non-profit organization on your resume
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.For New York-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $97,300 to $133,800.For California-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $97,300 to $133,800.Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Certain roles may be eligible for incentive compensation, equity, benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.salesforcebenefits.com.