Manager, SOX Advisory & Process Improvement
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
Salesforce is looking for a dedicated and multifaceted Manager to join the management-led SOX 360 Program Office team to support our team’s strategy, growth, process excellence and innovation. We are currently seeking a highly effective individual with passion and a proven track record for success in understanding business processes as well as identifying risks and potential gaps in relevant controls. This role requires strong discernment, emotional intelligence, and the ability to transform business knowledge into useful solutions. This person will also be responsible for applying business knowledge into the systems, process or reporting solutions that are proposed and delivered for an effective control environment.
The ideal candidate is expected to drive change, think independently, clearly communicate and support a point-of-view and recommendations, perform SOX risk assessments and scoping, participate in readiness and process/control improvement initiatives, and exercise influence to drive action in a cross-functional environment. Additionally, the candidate for this role will have a deep understanding of auditing requirements including Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB) requirements, US GAAP, and standard methodologies and emerging trends relevant for establishing an outstanding SOX program.
- Work cross-functionally to support a changing SOX landscape and drive process improvement - we are strategic advisors to the company!
- Provide end-to-end business knowledge and expertise to assist in SOX readiness activities and SOX program maturation activities
- Take ownership for all assigned process areas, which includes acquiring a comprehensive grasp of business process activities and controls as well as related company policies and external accounting and reporting guidelines and act as a subject matter authority for each of these assigned areas
- Work with current functional teams within the organization to review current processes and identify risk areas and areas for improvement and design controls around these to reduce risk and exposure to avoid operational surprises as well as evaluate and assess deficiencies
- Bring your knowledge and experience designing, implementing and testing internal controls over financial reporting (ICFR) per the Sarbanes-Oxley Act to respond to identified risks
- Partner with the business to ensure SOX documentation, including flowcharts, narratives, and controls are up to date, accurate and properly handled
- Collaborate with functional teams for compliance to outlined processes and ensure that all key controls are being performed satisfactorily
- Work effectively in a dynamic, high growth environment, think quickly and creatively, recognize interrelationships early and enable innovation
- Drive breakthrough solutions, encourage shifts in approach, and build the momentum to help excel Salesforce to $50 billion and beyond
- 3+ years of related audit & accounting experience, preferably gained in both public accounting and private industry
- Strong knowledge/experience with key business processes including Quote-to-Cash, Order-to-Cash, and auditing requirements including Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB) requirements and US GAAP
- Degree or equivalent relevant experience required. Experience will be evaluated based on the core competencies for the role (e.g. extracurricular leadership roles, military experience, volunteer roles, work experience, etc.)
- Strong background in public company SOX compliance requirements, accounting, and finance processes, including a solid understanding of the concepts of control design and operational efficiency
- Familiarity with financial systems as they relate to reviewing and improving internal controls
- Consulting/ Big 4 experience is preferred
- Professional certification including CPA, CIA or equivalent
- Previous experience supporting a company’s SOX program and crafting and implementing a system of internal controls, including experience in a large-scale management-led SOX organization
- A customer service approach to help business process owners navigate the SOX program, especially with non-accounting business partners
- The ability to quickly develop strong working relationships with internal departments, including those in international locations, IT personnel, internal and external auditors
- Ability to communicate effectively and influence, interact, and partner with cross-functional and remote teams
- A willingness to challenge status quo and drive continuous improvement through change
- Self-motivated, able to manage change, and ability to work under tight deadlines and thrives in a high-growth and challenging environment with strong multi-tasking, analytical and decision making skills
- Critical thinking self-starter with strong leadership and project management capabilities, including leading projects through a fast-paced life cycle
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.