VP Engineering, Einstein for Sales Cloud and Conversation AI
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategorySoftware Engineering
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
VP Engineering, Salesforce AI, Tel Aviv
Salesforce is seeking an experienced engineering/science leader, with a strong background in AI/ML. This role will partner closely with global product leadership, and collaborate across geographies, to build products and an ecosystem that will shape the future of AI + Data + #1 CRM.
About the role:
You will lead a cross-functional organization of software engineers, machine learning engineers, data analysts and labelers, building the next generation of AI/ML capabilities, including generative AI applications and foundational services. You will lead vision, long-range planning, and execution in partnership with product management for a portfolio of AI capabilities. You will attract, develop, and retain the next generation of leaders and top talent for Salesforce AI in Israel, and support their professional growth.
As a key leader of the Salesforce AI organization, you will partner with executives across multiple clouds at Salesforce, including the global Salesforce AI leadership and Sales Cloud to define and build products that deliver value through time and cost savings, in-context learning and feedback that drive meaningful outcomes.
Who You’ll Work With:
Salesforce is a global organization with teams in the US, India, Israel, and beyond. It is comprised of software engineers, ML engineers, data, platform, DevOps engineers, and growth analysts dedicated to driving product strategy with data-driven insights. The team works with executives, product managers, designers, developers, user researchers, marketers, and sales strategy team members across Cloud businesses and Platform teams to discover new opportunities for growth and optimization, experiment with data, build products, drive adoption, and provide actionable insights that impact product strategy.
- Grow and nurture an organization of highly-productive software and machine learning engineers, data scientists, analysts, and local leaders.
- Develop the next generation of people leaders and technology leaders. Help reinforce a culture rooted in a beginner's mindset, balancing experimentation in the early phase of the product with a strong service ownership model for GA product.
- Lead multiple engineering teams and product lines. Set direction for AI portfolio and partner effectively with cloud engineering teams to execute.
- Build, scale and maintain highly available AI applications and services used by hundreds of thousands of users on a monthly basis. Understand the customer/business requirements and translate them to elegant/flexible/easy-to-use capabilities.
- Engage with customers both through product discovery and sales motions to represent roadmaps and learn.
- Maintain a culture of excellence and collaboration both within the group and by partnering with the overall CRM Einstein organization.
- Partner with executives in Salesforce AI and the Cloud teams to deliver shared outcomes. Understand customer needs, and closely partner with the product organization to build vision and roadmap to meet business goals and revenue targets, while aligning on objectives, priorities, tradeoffs and risks.
- Establish credibility as a trusted advisor to stakeholders including customers, executives, peers, and employees.
- Lead through organizational scale and priority changes.
- Develop the enterprise Machine Learning capabilities, to provide application teams with ML model development, evaluation, deployment, and governance capabilities to reduce time to market and maximize business impact.
- 10+ years experience in building and leading high-performing engineering and machine learning teams. At least 5 years as manager of managers.
- Experience building enterprise-grade products with core Artificial Intelligence (AI) technologies such as Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Bonus: Generative AI experience is a plus.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to collaborate across geographies.
- 8+ years in cross-functional management roles. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills of teams across multiple geo-locations.
- The ability to build strong relationships with peers, executives both internal and external and with peers/professional organizations outside the company as well as customers.
- Proven experience in the successful delivery of customer-facing products, using public cloud technologies.
- Self-driven with superior organizational and project management skills.
- Experience in building, growing and leading teams (100+ size). Bonus: with remote team members.
- 7+ years of experience bringing Machine Learning to production with a PhD/MS in relevant field or 10+ years experience with a Bachelors
- Deep understanding of cloud infrastructure and environments (public/private) and ability to lead the team through technical challenges in implementation
- Hands-on full-breadth expertise delivering capabilities with Generative AI.
- Strong orientation to user needs and experience, understanding of the Jobs to be done framework.
- Demonstrated expertise at navigating complex organizational issues and driving results collaboratively and/or through directive management
- Strong and broad working knowledge of the state of the art in cloud computing infrastructure including: IaaS, PaaS, containers, analytics, data center deployments, and others
- Experience working in high growth companies and the ability to identify and build new capabilities as the scaling needs arise
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills of teams across multiple geo-locations
- Ability to work under tight deadlines while being flexible and responding to changing business and technical conditions
- Comfortable with ambiguity. Able to bring clarity.
Benefits & Perks:
Check out our benefits site which explains our various benefits, including wellbeing reimbursement, generous parental leave, adoption assistance, fertility benefits, and more. Visit for the full
Open to Flex (1-3 days/week in the office), or Office-Based (4-5 days/week in the office)
Check out our Salesforce Engineering Blog
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.