Lead Data Scientist - Customer Success
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
At Salesforce, our Data Science team, part of the Data and Analytics (DnA) organization, is dedicated to structuring customer data and developing data science products that drive customer success and sales. We collaborate across various departments, including executives, success managers, sales, renewal managers, and product managers. Our mission is to uncover growth opportunities, analyze data, and provide actionable insights to guide our business decisions.
Your Role [Sales]
As a Senior/Lead Data Scientist on the Sales and Customer Success Data ScienceTeam, you'll serve as a vital engine for driving revenue growth and refining our sales operations. Positioned at the nexus of data science, Sales strategy and business strategy, you will develop products that enhance sales strategy, optimize performance, and drive revenue growth. Operating in a dynamic, cross-functional environment that spans the U.S. and India, you'll partner with an elite cadre of professionals to deliver high-impact data tools and insights. Your contributions will not only address essential business challenges but also substantially impact our bottom line.
Your Role [Customer Success]
As a Senior/Lead Data Scientist on the Customer Success Data Science Team, you'll serve as a crucial catalyst for achieving our customer retention and revenue growth objectives. Positioned at the intersection of data science, Customer Success strategy, and overarching business goals, you will develop products that enhance customer experiences, optimize product engagement, mitigate churn risks, and identify cross-sell/upsell opportunities. Collaborating closely with a cross-disciplinary team, your work will deliver high-impact data tools and insights that not only address core challenges in customer success but also make a meaningful impact on our bottom line.
- Technical Excellence: Own the complete cycle of translating ideas from concept to production-grade data science solutions, ensuring scalability and robustness.
- Data Science Execution: Develop and implement advanced data analysis, predictive and prescriptive modeling techniques to extract insights and support data-driven decision-making across the organization.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: Collaborate with diverse teams from the U.S. and India to deliver actionable, high-integrity data science solutions.
- Sales: Your efforts will zero in on key performance indicators such as productivity, performance, and revenue projections, harnessing Data Science, Machine Learning, and AI to deliver impactful results.
- Customer Success: Your efforts will zero in on key performance indicators such as adoption, attrition and growth prediction, harnessing Data Science, Machine Learning, and AI to deliver impactful results.
- Innovation and Impact: Stay current with industry trends and emerging technologies in data science and contribute to Salesforce's data science best practices and innovation. Enhance existing products to broaden the reach and functionality of our data products, thereby amplifying their business impact.
- Effective Communication and Storytelling: Clearly communicate data science insights and solutions to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Problem Domain Understanding: Develop an understanding of the business objectives and unique challenges we face to inform data-driven solutions.
- Educational Background: Degree in a numerate discipline such as Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, or Computer Science.
- Experience: 4+ years of hands-on experience in data science and machine learning, including 2+ years in a senior role. Practical project experience in advanced data analysis, statistical modeling, and machine learning concepts is essential.
- Programming Skills: Experience with writing production ready code in Python and automation. Solid understanding of data transformations and analytics functions using tools/languages like Pandas, Sklearn, SQL and Spark. Experience tools like R, mlFlow, Airflow, Cron, Docker and Cloud Platforms such as AWS/GCP is a plus.
- Technical Expertise Sales: Strong proficiency in core Data Science, Machine Learning and Statistical modeling. In-depth experience in techniques from time-series forecasting and/or causal inference. Experience with Experiment Design, Natural Language Processing, Recommendation Systems, and Large Language Models is highly desirable.
- Technical Expertise Customer Success: [TBD]
- Data Management Skills: Proficient in one or more SQL languages like Snowflake, Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redshift, etc.. Experience in handling large datasets and familiarity with distributed computing platforms such as Hive/Hadoop considered a plus..
- Communication: Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Business Intelligence: Ability to tell compelling data stories with audience-appropriate visualizations is a must. Familiarity with one or more Business Intelligence and visualization tools such as Tableau, is a plus.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.