HR Specialist (Lead ES People Consultant)
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategoryEmployee Success
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
What other companies refer to as “Human Resources”, we at Salesforce affectionately call “Employee Success”. We are seeking a Japan based Lead Employee Success (ES) Consultant to join our ES organization. This individual will partner closely with other ES teams, including ESBPs(Employee Success Business Partners), Employee Relations, People Services & Operations (PS&O), Compensation & Benefit, Mobility, Recruiting, and Talent Development to coordinate, roll out and execute ES programs and initiatives that support the business needs of the organization. This role will also provide specific support to managers and employees, including direct and specialised manager & employee support, coaching and enablement on a variety of ES topics and programs, including but not limited to, talent initiatives and programs, team dynamics, compensation data analysis, and audits and ad hoc analytics. The ideal candidate is one who is interested in making an impact at scale in one of the fastest growing companies and the industry; excels in a fast paced, often ambiguous, high engagement environment; and is looking to work with a strong ES Organization.
* Partner with the ESBPs, ER and other ES teams to coordinate the resolution of issues that require direct interactions with managers, teams and the business related to areas such as on-boarding, off-boarding, promotions, mobility, teaming dynamics, and other related matters.
* Provide proactive People Consultant support to business leaders in Japan (and South Korea as needed).
* Work directly with managers and employees to resolve medium to complex issues. Give guidance, coaching, and support to resolve ambiguous situations and issues in partner with Employee Relations.
* Serve as a project lead for ES programs, responsible for tracking project objectives, timelines, and communication plans by prioritizing responsibilities, and tracking and measuring to successful completion, sometimes organizing other members of the ESPC team to achieve objectives.
* Creates tools, templates and resources for consistent service delivery at scale, and enables peers on leveraging.
* Provide enablement and delivery support for high impact initiatives; examples includes talent reviews, performance reviews, high-potential and manager development, organizational design and compensation planning, cash planning and promotion cycles, employee engagement and retention, and high impact teaming workshop facilitations.
* Provide operational and analytical support to the ESBP leaders with quantitative data in supporting tactical and strategic HR initiatives.
* Monitor and interpret trends and metrics around employee satisfaction, attrition and turnover, etc. Build narratives using data and insights, and partner with ESBPs to establish recommendations for improvement or enhancements based on analysis(Data Analysis for business impact).
* Partner with ES People Services Operations team on knowledge transfer and resolving root cause service delivery issues that impact the employee and manager experience.
* Lead initiatives in partnership with COE, People Services Operations peers and/or ESBPs to identify bodies of work that can be better done at scale through automation or revised processes and / or make recommendations when it is appropriate to align with different teams.
* Local ES contact for government claims, handle any on-site Labour audits (with support of Legal).
* Provide support to the family, manager and teams, of employees who pass away while employed by Salesforce, helping them navigate resources available with care and empathy.
* Support ES SonS (Salesforce on Salesforce) speaker assignment/arrangement with the business.
* Support with local communication and engagement initiatives where appropriate.
* Take on client based opportunities as necessary
Requirements and Key Skills:
* Fluent/Native Japanese language communicator. Highly proficient English Communicator. Nice to have, Korean proficiency.
* Work closely with ESBP, ER, managers and employees to handle a variety of issues and execute on solutions and strategies in all areas of human resources
* Compliant in local labour laws and regulations (government paper submission support).
* Demonstrated ability to support diverse, geographically dispersed, multicultural fast paced environment.
* Demonstrated ability to be a self-starter, proactive and self-disciplined.
* Comfort with ambiguity and proven change agency.
* Proven ability to mentor, coach and onboard other team members.
* Ability to develop effective relationships across all levels of the organization and with diverse client groups.
* Excellent interpersonal skills & verbal and written communication skills; must be a strong and succinct communicator.
* Ability to collect, assimilate, analyze and present data. Must have strong knowledge of Google Drive (Sheets and Slides) or other spreadsheet and presentations software; Workday and Salesforce a plus.
* Ability to take trends and data, boiling them down to presentable themes and connecting the dots.
* Ability to partner with COEs to design, build, and implement programs and processes to support business needs.
* Ability to deliver difficult feedback, coach leaders through difficult scenarios and facilitate team discussions.
* General knowledge of employment policies and best practices.
* Knowledge of staffing, compensation, and talent management best practices.
Requirements - Education & Experience:
* Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant experience.
* 5+ years of HR Generalist, HR Operations, HR Analytics experience, or relevant experience
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.