Senior Product Manager/ Product Director, Well-Architected Framework
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
The Salesforce Well-Architected & Architect Relations team ensures everyone doing architectural work with Salesforce has resources, tools and access to create healthy implementations. We make it easier to understand if a Salesforce org is well-architected, and where to focus time and effort during projects. We bring experts and expertise from our ecosystem into our work through global engagement activity and open paths for feedback & contribution. Together with our stakeholders, we use Salesforce Well-Architected to create more implementation-ready Trailblazers in our ecosystem.
We are looking for an experienced architect to craft, implement and lead development of the Well-Architected Framework. Today, the Framework includes:
- our Well-Architected taxonomy (i.e. how we prioritize & organize technical topics),
- prescriptive guidance for architectural best practices (i.e. our English & Japanese language technical white papers)
- a growing library of patterns & anti-patterns
The framework is the foundation of Salesforce Well-Architected.
You are excited about this role because you will:
- Grow and maintain framework content (technical accuracy, breadth & depth, Salesforce product representation)
- Work with internal & external customers, subject matter experts, cross-functional stakeholders to drive improvements and adoption of Salesforce Well-Architected, related tools and resources
- Operationalize how we engage subject matter experts & stakeholders (inside Salesforce and across the ecosystem)
- Identify and develop innovations to make Well-Architected usable & relevant to the day-to-day flow of architectural work
- Develop & maintain qualitative and quantitative datasets for:
- product/resource adoption, engagement and feedback
- industry and competitive technologies, trends
- Facilitate near- and long-term program and product planning, driving alignment and communicating clearly with diverse stakeholder groups
- As needed, contribute to application development and delivery, from ideation through end-of-life
- As needed, contribute to maintenance and development of resources & content on architect.salesforce.com
- As needed, contribute to architectural content, enablement & training efforts
We’re excited about you because you:
- Have deep, substantial experience as an architect working in the Salesforce ecosystem
- Are comfortable communicating about and writing on technical topics
- Are energized by bringing clarity and simplicity to problems that appear ambiguous or complex
- Have a history of navigating complexity and dependencies, identifying the right problem, and building solutions to match
- Are hands-on with editorial processes, reviews, logistics, project management
- Are a self-starter with solid ability to define clear goals, reasonable scope and pragmatic timelines—who can rally colleagues and stakeholders, manage competing priorities and ensure successful delivery
- Have a knack for distilling and simplifying ambiguous, conflicting, and/or large datasets (including stakeholder opinions)
- Practical experience using Salesforce Well-Architected (and architect.salesforce.com) in day-to-day work
- Hands on experience with development and app delivery
Interested in applying, but not sure you have all the skills? Apply anyway. We want our team to be life-long learners, and who you are may fit our team in a way that we could not have foreseen.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.For California-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $188,200 to $305,600.Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Certain roles may be eligible for incentive compensation, equity, benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.salesforcebenefits.com.