Technical Account Manager, MuleSoft
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategoryCustomer Success
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
Our mission is to help organizations change and innovate faster by making it easy to connect the world’s applications, data, and devices. Companies like Spotify, McDonald’s, and Unilever rely on MuleSoft to stay agile, deliver faster, and make the most of their IT investment with API-led connectivity.
Hiring exceptional people who want to build a great company together is our number one priority, and we’re committed to providing an equal opportunity workplace where everyone is supported and inspired to do their best work.
Join our vibrant and customer-focused EMEA Technical Account Management team within Signature Success as a Technical Account Manager (TAM). We are seeking a motivated and customer-focused professional to be the main contact for Salesforce's largest and highest-profile customers. In this role, you will specialize in MuleSoft and take responsibility for partnering with a select group of assigned accounts, with a continuous focus on improving their overall technical and operational health while getting the best value out of their Salesforce investment.
As a trusted advisor, you will build a strong track record in customer success through exceptional communication with key customer touchpoints and extensive knowledge of Salesforce and MuleSoft technologies. Your expertise will enable you to understand and translate their business needs into effective solutions. By establishing solid relationships with customers and account teams, you will develop a deep technical understanding of their MuleSoft and Salesforce implementation, share best approaches, and promote the adoption of proactive services. This will enable you to proactively set the stage for customer success by optimizing their platform, paying special attention to critical peak events.
In addition, you will occasionally act as the contact for major incidents, taking ownership of customer expectations and communications until resolution. Working closely with internal and external collaborators, including partners and ISVs, you will address customer needs effectively as the primary technical interface.
We are looking for individuals who have an extraordinary focus on customer success, exceptional communication skills, professionalism, dedication to going above and beyond, and a passion for building relationships. Strong collaboration skills and the ability to quickly learn new technologies are also key qualities we seek in an ideal TAM.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key partners within customers and the business to understand their top business priorities and goals, act as an internal authority on your customer's value drivers and needs, and provide a point of contact on your customer to internal partners.
- Coordinating the completion of the Signature Success catalog of services as the need arises.
- providing timely, proactive Salesforce feature guidance based on their areas of interest.
- acting as an advisor to your customers for the adoption of new features of Salesforce’s annual release schedules and identifying potential challenges and risks to their implementation
- reinforcing to your customer the value in the implementation of technical recommendations for improvement based on Proactive Monitoring guidance
- Communicate the value of Signature Success. Be accountable for ensuring all collaborators understand this value so that customers continue to renew Signature Success.
- During infrastructure service degradations or disruptions that occur during normal business hours, provide regular updates and communications to key customer contacts. Partner with internal teams like Signature Support delivery and the Critical Incident Center for after-hours coordination. Following infrastructure incidents that impact customers, supervise the internal root cause analysis efforts to provide the customer a description of the cause and future prevention actions.
- Advocate for customers during the triage and resolution of high severity cases to assist with the timely resolution of these issues.
- The TAM may be required for occasional travel to customer sites and may need to be available for some after-hour or weekend coverage.
- Degree or equivalent relevant experience required. Experience will be evaluated based on the core competencies for the role (e.g. extracurricular leadership roles, military experience, volunteer roles, work experience, etc.)
- Minimum of 8 years work experience in one or more of the following: Technical Customer Success, SaaS platform use or project leadership, Technology Consulting, Technology Solutions Development, Technical and/or Solutions Architecture.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills with demonstrable ability to communicate and influence effectively at all levels of the organization, including executive and C-level. Can also explain sophisticated technical concepts in business-friendly terms to customers, then explain customer needs to internal collaborators.
- Experience leading efforts of teams across different functions, to facilitate resolution or disposition of customer needs or projects.
- Previous technical hands-on experience with MuleSoft
- Fluency in English and French
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience building or supporting enterprise-grade Java-based or Integration or API Management systems involving cloud providers such as AWS, Azure, and GCP.
- Deep knowledge of Internet technologies and protocols such as TLS, HTTP, REST, Webservices, firewalls, web servers, proxy servers
- Experience in Connectivity with Enterprise SaaS solutions such as Salesforce, Netsuite, Workday etc. Experience in resolving container and container management technologies such as Docker / Kubernetes.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.