Director, Technical Program Management- Data Cloud
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategoryProgram & Project Management
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
Technical Program Managers (TPMs) play a meaningful role at Salesforce in leading large-scale, cross-functional initiatives within our Technology & Products organizations. TPMs are responsible for programs through from beginning to end, ensuring a better workflow and more effective communication. They work closely with executives and key company partners to drive critical programs and activities across the company!
The Director of Technical Program Management for Data Cloud will be driving and own technical program management across Data Cloud product and engineering functions, and their collaborations/partnerships with other organizations within Salesforce. This person will partner with our leadership team to drive strategy, in addition to helping to plan, organize, and work with teams to help execute the vision for our key initiatives. Primary focus will be working with our cross cloud teams across the C360 and Salesforce teams. This role will also represent the Data Cloud team's release plan, priorities, and business requirements to groups throughout the organization. Additionally, they will be instrumental for directly driving one of our key initiatives. This is an individual contributor role.
- Love to wear multiple hats.
- Builds the relationships to make things happen.
- Highly functional in an energizing environment.
- Comfortable bending between the tactical and strategic.
- Outstanding executive presence and communications professional.
- A service-oriented-minded person who "Thinks Customer."
- Enjoy a hyper-transparent flow of information, conversation, and ideas.
- Lead programs by aligning across program scope, and release planning, as well as aligning one or more teams on vision, and business goals, crafting program structure, and securing cross-functional alignment.
- Drive teams through the Software engineering experience using Agile and analytical and technical skills.
- Drive Steering Committee meetings with key partners for each program to help make key decisions, remove obstacles, and address key program issues. Be the key driver to ensure business goals are met and drive the strategic vision of each program.
- Develop strong partnerships with key functional team members to drive focus on business goals. Be a trusted partner for executive management to ensure program success.
- Partner with cross-functional teammates to drive workgroup alignment meetings to address tactical release issues, dependencies, team status, production issues, metrics review, achievements, etc. (cross-functional - Product Owners, Scrum Leads, UX, CX,).
- Lead "program/feature" dependencies across multiple teams, scrum teams, functions, divisions, and partners.
- Anticipate and remove obstacles with a sense of urgency that slow down or prevent project teams from delivering on project goals.
- Provide monthly program reviews and updates at sprint reviews (deep dive into the current state of project goals, risks, and critical issues).
- Create a collaborative environment that fosters creativity, innovation, and learning.
- Be a catalyst within the organization, someone who can help advance our Product & Technology strategy globally and drive others in the organization to change.
- 10+ years experience managing technical, complex initiatives & projects from initiation to completion for a SaaS/PaaS based Product Development organization
- Ability to successfully partner with all functions across the entire company
- Experience with product development lifecycle, and software development lifecycle, practicing principles of Lean and Agile and how to blend with traditional project management best practices
- Proven ability to work effectively and prioritize and organize your work and the work of others to align with the broader organizational vision and goals
- Outstanding organizational, communication, and relationship-building skills conducive to driving consensus and customized approaches for different audiences
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills with an ability to exercise sound judgment in resolving issues and conflict
- Ability to execute and manage performance and expectations within a cross-functional, matrix management environment
- Experience overcoming the difficulties of managing projects with remote and global team members
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.For Washington-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $174,900 to $253,700.For California-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $190,800 to $276,800.Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Certain roles may be eligible for incentive compensation, equity, benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.salesforcebenefits.com.