Semi Senior Cloud Data platform administrator
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategorySoftware Engineering
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
SSeeking an experienced Cloud data admin/developer responsible for administrating data tools, monitoring, and application changes required to keep the data platform environments healthy. This role is expected to foster collaboration with software product development, architecture, and IT teams to ensure releases are delivered with repeatable and audit-able processes.
* Technical proficiency in Snowflake, AWS, and Informatica IICS administration.
* Deploy Snowflake following best practices for configuration, optimization, documentation and support of data platform
* Maintain deep understanding of complementary technologies and help organizations leverage Snowflake as part of their larger technology stack
* Foster collaboration with software product development, architecture, and IT teams to ensure releases are delivered with repeatable and audit-able processes.
* Monitoring health, tuning, and growth of cloud databases
* Provides release management support for Warehouse, databases and related applications
* Interface with engineers, product managers & architecture to understand data needs and help build & migrate data projects onto Snowflake data warehouse
* Support the set-up of roles, schemas, & data pipelines while adhering to security policies and overcoming security restrictions.
* Support and troubleshoot scalability, high availability, performance, monitoring, backup and restores of different environments.
* Ideal candidates will have a deep understanding of technical and functional designs for Databases, Data Warehousing, Reporting, and Data Mining areas
* Familiar with SDLC and Release Management
* Create documentation reflecting current platforms architecture
* Experience with Informatica IICS, Airflow, and Snowflake Cloud Data Platform in an admin/ developer role
* Experience with SQL/Python & relational data including exposure to complex data models
* 5-7 Years of Experience with scripting languages use (Python, R, Java, Scala).
* 3-5 Years of Experience AWS services (VPC, EC2, SQS, SNS, Lambda, IAM, RDS).
* Demonstrated knowledge and hands-on experience with AWS alerting/monitoring tools
* Experience in building, and automating the building and provisioning of, AWS infrastructure including security groups, VPCs via Terraform, CloudFormation
* Experience in managing a GIT based Source control Git/GitHub/Bitbucket
* Experience with CI/CD technologies and tools like Jenkins, Ant or Gradle
* Experience with config/provisioning tools like Terraform, Ansible, Chef or Puppet
* Ability to work well both independently and with other team members
* Ability to multi-task required and provide rapid support in production
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.