IBM Partner Account Director - AMER Accelerated Industries
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
IBM Partner Director – AMER Accelerated Industries (Director)
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
The Worldwide Alliances & Channels organization at Salesforce provides global leadership developing partnerships with our Global Strategic Partners. The IBM Partner Account Manager (PAM) - for Accelerated Industries is responsible for helping lead this change with responsibility for driving the development and management of our Strategic Alliance with IBM in North America (US & Canada) covering CMT (Communication, Media, & Technology) and CBS (Consumer Business Services)
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
- The IBM AMER Partner Alliance Director (PAM)
- Accelerated Industries will be responsible for developing and managing our alliance with IBM in the AMER region, including driving a multi-year vision and strategy,
- Go-To-Market (GTM) plan, incubating strategic account growth and big deal motion, driving key executive and regional sales alignment, and leading cross collaboration w/ AMER Alliances and Channels (A&C) resources on shared priorities.
- The PAM’s responsibility will be to develop and drive the execution of revenue-driving programs (sourced + influenced) initiatives, and evangelizing Salesforce’s value proposition within the partner organization and facilitating the partner’s value proposition within Salesforce and affiliated companies. Key to the position is effective collaboration with multiple cross-functional stakeholders, including sales, alliances, product GMs, Customer Success, marketing, legal, and operations.
- Maintain pipeline and dashboards that communicate to Executive Leadership the effectiveness of identified programs and investments.
- Conduct regular cadence between IBM & Salesforce stakeholders (Partner Sales/Alliances, Sales, Co-Primes, Product Development & Industry Teams, often at EVP and SVP levels in conjunction w/ AMER & Global Leads).
- Lead monthly business review cadences w/ identified IBM and Salesforce leadership to ensure tight alignment and adjustments to business plan, priorities and GTM motions.
Communications - Ensure effective and timely internal & external communication and coordination of Salesforce’s ecosystem strategy & execution results.
Actively expand network and relationships beyond IBM’s Salesforce Practice
- This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of duties or responsibilities; at times other duties may be assigned as needed.
- 5+ years in a channel sales or channel management roles focused on GSI’s like Accenture, Deloitte, PwC, IBM as well as boutique and regional SI’s. Experience working directly for a large GSI is highly desirable, IBM experience is preferred.
- External industry network with experience of SaaS based solutions or CRM Cloud partner channel sales experience. Take partner sales plays, offerings and industry assets/solutions to specific markets for local execution and engagement with our Salesforce Operating Unit sales teams and Salesforce Industries.
- Joint Solution Development & Execution - Commercialize industry solutions or product extensions to leverage partner IP and vertical expertise with Salesforce Industries teams and specific cloud GM teams.
- Execute, manage and deliver regional AMER pipeline and revenue tied to IBM’s strategies and initiatives in close alignment with internal and external stakeholders.
- Drive execution in concert with regional ecosystem resources. Identify target accounts and sign off with AMER sales Operating Unit and partner leadership.
Review sales play metrics/effectiveness on a recurring basis with Partners, Partner Sales team, Sales Regions & Business Development teams.
- Demonstrated analytical, organizational, and project management skills, using relevant information to make timely and critical decisions that affect cross-functional teams and has substantial impact on investments and program effectiveness.
- Demonstrable proof of producing measurable results of influenced revenue or channel sales through global strategic system integrators.
- Proven ability to build, lead and execute strategy in a cross-functional environment.
- Strong tolerance for ambiguity; able to focus and execute in a changing environment; ability to make things happen.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Reporting to the Global VP of the IBM partnership and working with regional AMER PAM lead to develop a joint IBM & Salesforce strategy, business and GTM plan that includes investments in Growth & Innovation, practice development, partner accelerated (Sourced + Influenced) revenue goals, social ventures, and development of industry & cloud-based assets/solutions.
- Work with IBM team members to execute GTM plans in all supported/targeted AMER countries and Operating units.
- Develop AMER specific practice development plans, partner accelerated (Sourced + Influenced) revenue goals, driving capacity & certification growth and delivering customer success.
- Existing knowledge of Alliances & Channels reporting and operational practices.
- Ability to build and maintain positive working relationships while delivering results in a highly complex, matrixed global organization.
- Strong drive and character qualities that match with company core values and inspires others to follow and act.
- Strong selling and business development skills; proven ability to understand different partner GTM and Organizational models.
- Understanding of offering creation, marketing, lead generation and professional services organization key performance indicators.
- Willingness to travel as needed within region (25-50%)
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- University degree or minimum 5 years experience working within the SaaS industry (preferred within a channels / alliances / ecosystems roles)
- MS/MBA or other related advanced degree is desirable but not required.
San Francisco - California
Georgia - Atlanta
New York - New York
Texas - Austin
25% - 50% dependent on company travel limitations
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.For New York-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $188,580 to $252,210.For California-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $188,580 to $252,210.Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Certain roles may be eligible for incentive compensation, equity, benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.salesforcebenefits.com.