Staff Software Engineer, iOS Infrastructure
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategorySoftware Engineering
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
Slack is your Digital HQ – a place where work flows between your people, systems, partners, and customers. From Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, millions of people around the world use Slack to connect their teams, unify their systems, and drive their business forward.
Slack breaks down communication silos inside and beyond your organization by bringing teams and tools together around common goals, projects and processes in channels and in Slack Connect. It removes the limits of physical walls, giving people the flexibility to do their best work where, when and how they prefer with features like huddles and clips. And it empowers everyone to automate common tasks with apps and workflows. In this digital-first era, Slack’s mission is to make people’s work lives simpler, more pleasant, and more productive.
A taste of our scale and reach:
- Slack delivers 300k+ messages per second
- 77% of the fortune 100 use Slack
- 150+ countries have daily active users in Slack
- To date, 1.79 trillion messages have been sent on Slack
- 2.65 billion actions are taken in Slack each day
- Slack has 200k+ paid customers
- Users are spending a combined 243 million minutes per week in Huddles
About the team
We are looking for people who are passionate about building strong, sustainable infrastructure for the Slack iOS client, which is used by millions of people every week. The iOS Infrastructure team is a highly leveraged team that enables product engineers at Slack to tackle complicated problems quickly without needing to reinvent the wheel. We’re looking for lead engineers who specialize in networking/data infrastructure.
As an infrastructure engineer, you like building for the long term, and value patterns and structures that allow for maximum flexibility in a constantly evolving product. You excel in leading others and derive joy from mentoring and growing other iOS engineers. You set a high bar for the technical design and code quality of your team. You demonstrate exceptional ownership of not only the area of your team, but across Slack’s entire iOS codebase.
You have a “can do” demeanor and nothing is beneath you or outside your responsibilities because you do what it takes to deliver the highest quality code and the most impactful features. You are self-directed, innovative, and biased towards action in fast-paced environments. You love to build new things and thrive in ambiguity and even failure.
What You Should Have
- 7+ years of working experience in iOS application development in Swift
- A related technical degree required
- Deep knowledge of infrastructure fundamentals, including networking, persistence, caching, and concurrency
- Familiarity with API design and developing self-documenting, reusable components
- Experience developing highly performant code and the ability to diagnose performance bottlenecks
- A disciplined approach to development, testing, documentation and code structure in a team environment
- An interest in guiding and influencing other iOS engineers and teams
- A familiarity with the iOS tool ecosystem for development, testing, debugging, and performance benchmarking
- Experience using monitoring and metrics to support KPIs and a solid understanding of how to measure impact of your work and how it translates to the business
- Knowledge of common mobile architectural design patterns like VIPER, MVP, MVVM, etc
- Experience using Slack and a keen interest in making it better
- A passion for building and maintaining excellent open source projects or otherwise adding to the iOS community
Benefits & Perks
Check out our benefits site which explains our various benefits, including wellbeing reimbursement, generous parental leave, adoption assistance, fertility benefits, and more!
Check out our Salesforce Engineering Site.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.For Colorado-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $175,600 to $254,700.Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Certain roles may be eligible for incentive compensation, equity, benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.salesforcebenefits.com.