Senior DevOps Engineer - SRE
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategorySoftware Engineering
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
Trust is Salesforce's #1 value. Service Availability is a major part of Trust.
The Salesforce Industries Infrastructure Engineering team manages the Cloud infrastructure for our Services and is responsible for maintaining 99.99% service availability for one of the largest and most trusted cloud platforms in the world. We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer (SRE) who will take an active role in the team in implementing our vision to fully automate incident remediation and prevention for our SaaS services. If you are passionate about customers’ success, providing high-quality SaaS services, creative problem solver, love to automate, and believe that everything can and should be automated, then this is your dream career opportunity.
We are seeking a skilled and thorough individual to join our team. As a Lead Software Engineer, you will be responsible for ensuring the availability and performance of our services, systems, and applications. Your primary focus will be on monitoring and analyzing the availability and performance metrics to identify any issues and proactively address them. This role requires a deep understanding of architectural systems and strong analytical skills to identify potential bottlenecks or areas of improvement.
You will work closely with the Development, Quality, Performance, and Support teams and support multiple sub-clouds within the Industries verticals. The candidate must be a self-starter and possess excellent analytical skills. Passion for security, availability, and prior experience working at or closely with CRM and Cloud Service Providers is a major plus.
- Monitor the availability and performance of cloud services, systems, and applications.
- Work with engineers on the design, deployment, and continuous improvement of meaningful infrastructure services (i.e logging, monitoring, and alerting)
- Analyze system and application metrics to identify potential performance issues or bottlenecks.
- Design, implement, and maintain monitoring tools and systems to track and report on availability and performance.
- Collaborate with multi-functional teams, including architects, developers, and infrastructure teams, to identify and resolve issues.
- Provide guidance into long-range platform requirements and operational guidelines, with a focus on automation and continuous improvement of Platform Service Operability and availability
- Develop and maintain monitoring dashboards and reports to provide insight into the availability and performance of architectural services.
- Participate in capacity planning exercises to ensure the scalability and reliability of our systems and services.
- Conduct root cause analysis for incidents and provide recommendations for improvements.
- Stay updated on industry trends and standard processes related to availability monitoring and performance optimization.
- Solid understanding of configuration, deployment, management, and maintenance of large cloud-hosted systems; including auto-scaling, monitoring, performance tuning, fixing, and disaster recovery
- Proficiency in designing and implementing sophisticated monitoring and alerting solutions for maintaining 99.99% and higher service availability
- Participate in the team's on-call rotation to address sophisticated problems in real time and keep services operational and highly available
- Proven work experience as an SRE/DevOps Engineer, or a similar role
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to identify and resolve performance and service availability issues
- In-depth, hands-on experience with Linux, networking, server, and cloud architectures
- Solid understanding of network protocols, infrastructure components, and virtualization technologies (Kubernetes preferred)
- 7+ years of experience in Software Development with a focus on service availability and reliability
- 4+ years of experience with large-scale, high-volume SaaS, PaaS, or other cloud provider environments
- Knowledge of OO programming and concepts (Java, C++, C#, Python) is a good to have.
- Fluency in one or more scripting languages such as Python or Ruby is a must.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills to work optimally with multi-functional teams.
- Familiarity with cloud computing platforms such as AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud Platform is desirable.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, able to collaborate and rally support
- A related technical degree.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.For California-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $160,000 to $258,700.Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Certain roles may be eligible for incentive compensation, equity, benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.salesforcebenefits.com.