Director, Technical Program Management- Field Service Cloud
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategoryProgram & Project Management
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
Technical Program Managers (TPMs) play a meaningful role at Salesforce in leading large-scale, cross-functional initiatives within our Technology & Products organizations. TPMs are responsible for programs through from beginning to end, ensuring a better workflow and more effective communication. They work closely with executives and key company partners to drive critical programs and activities across the company!
The Director of Technical Program Management for Service Cloud will be an essential part of the Service Cloud leadership team responsible for accelerating the innovation and delivery of Service Cloud, which is the industry-leading Customer Service solution. You will ensure alignment and communication across the leadership team and the organization and work with product teams to focus on long-term growth, scalability, and sustainability to continuously improve how we plan, deliver, and measure quality in our products. As a TPM leader, you will also drive strategic initiatives across the Service Cloud portfolio.
- Act as a key member of the Service Cloud leadership team, driving strategic planning and operations across the organization, including company and cloud-level planning and timelines, resource and budget allocation, leadership meetings, all hands, product reviews, etc.
- Be a key liaison between the EMEA, India and HQ-based leadership teams to ensure consistent communication and alignment across geos.
- Lead programs by achieving alignment across teams and functions on program scope, vision, business goals, release planning, and program structure.
- Provide visibility to program status (issues, risks, metrics, etc.) on an ongoing basis through push status reporting (to all stakeholders, team members, and interested parties).
- Anticipate and remove obstacles with a sense of urgency that slow down or prevent project teams from delivering on project goals.
- Preempt escalations by anticipating trouble spots.
- Drive clear decision-making (process, tools, and facilitation) required to balance risk, effort, and timelines.
- Lead and implement process improvements (change management) while managing active projects.
- Facilitate the development of collaborative cross-team dependency solutions.
- Foster an environment of ownership, transparency, and accountability.
- Love to wear multiple hats.
- Highly functional in an energizing environment.
- Comfortable bending between the tactical and strategic.
- Outstanding executive presence and professional communications.
- A service-oriented-minded person who "Thinks Customer."
- Enjoy a hyper-transparent flow of information, conversation, and ideas.
- High Emotional Intelligence (EQ).
- Lead programs by aligning across program scope, and release planning, as well as aligning one or more teams on vision, and business goals, crafting program structure, and securing cross-functional alignment.
- Drive Steering Committee meetings with key partners for each program to help make key decisions, remove obstacles, and address key program issues. Be the key driver to ensure business goals are met and drive the strategic vision of each program.
- Develop strong partnerships with key functional team members to drive focus on business goals. Be a trusted partner for executive management to ensure program success.
- Partner with cross-functional teammates to drive workgroup alignment meetings to address tactical release issues, dependencies, team status, production issues, metrics review, achievements, etc. (cross-functional - Product Owners, Scrum Leads, UX, CX,).
- Lead "program/feature" dependencies across multiple teams, scrum teams, functions, divisions, and partners.
- Establish and evolve strategies to drive and connect global teams on shared programs.
- Be a catalyst within the organization, someone who can help advance our Product & Technology strategy globally and drive others in the organization to change.
- Create clarity from chaos.
- 10+ years of enterprise software/technical program or engineering management experience at an enterprise technology company.
- 5+ years of conducting and leading SaaS product development programs; shown understanding of the SaaS business model and its product development lifecycle.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with a history of hands-on, detail orientation.
- Deep experience with the software development lifecycle; ability to adjust and apply this knowledge in a dynamic environment using agile methodologies.
- Outstanding organizational, communication, and relationship-building skills conducive to driving consensus; able to work in a cross-functional, matrix management environment.
- Experience with Portfolio Management.
- Ability to master technical subjects and technologies relevant to the program.
- Strong organizational, project management, analysis, and communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.For Washington-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $174,900 to $253,700.For California-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $190,800 to $276,800.Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Certain roles may be eligible for incentive compensation, equity, benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.salesforcebenefits.com.