To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategorySoftware Engineering
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
We are looking for experts who just "get" technology more than most, those who seek to understand where others stop. Those who come across a complex new topic or problem and are excited to take it apart and learn what can be done, both in the UI, and under the hood. Salesforce is looking to continue to revolutionize Digital Marketing and our Customer Experience, and MDS is in search of the best staff.
The Marketing Decision Science (MDS) team operates within and supports Salesforce’s global Digital Marketing organization. Our technology, processes, and staff support a large percentage of Salesforce’s Lead Generation pipeline, along with maintaining and synchronizing Email Preferences across the company’s technology infrastructure, among other key Product and Services offerings. We are seeking a skilled and experienced Salesforce Flow Engineer with a strong background in Data Cloud to join our team. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work on innovative projects that leverage Salesforce Flow and Data Cloud technologies and will have a key role in our future state marketing automation platform..
Why Join Our Team?
MDS is a new approach to the growing complexities of balancing agility with compliance. Operating as an internal services organization and center of excellence, our Engineers, Architects, Data Scientists/Modelers, Program Managers, and Product / Project Managers manage platforms, integrations, enhancements and problems in a structured yet collaborative model. We pride ourselves in being driven, adaptable, self-starters, known company-wide for our domain expertise, and for working to define standard processes. We sit squarely in the gap between the creatives in Marketing and the policy setters in IT, and break down barriers to foster agile innovation while promoting security, performance, and trust.
What Are We Looking For?
MDS is seeking an experienced Salesforce Flow Engineer who can work within a product team, including Architects, Project Manager, and other Engineers, to build and deliver custom solutions for our internal partners, be they in Sales, Marketing, M&A or Operations, and across the ecosystem of technology that we use and support.
Successful Engineer candidates will be working directly in and around the Salesforce Flow and Data Cloud platforms with a primary focus on building and testing solutions of varying degrees of complexity and scope while supporting concurrent project releases. Responsibilities include building and implementing solutions, debugging and defining corrective actions. You will also review system requirements and track metrics. Flow Engineers are expected to become technical domain experts within multiple specialized areas of the applications and ecosystem we work in. Our Salesforce Flows Engineer will be an expert in their supported areas, deliver fixes and solutions in a swift & thorough manner, and call out areas of improvement across the team. Supported by both our Architects, our Flow Engineer will work closely with our broader solution team to build, test, solve, bring live, design, implement, and evolve sophisticated solutions supporting our global marketing & sales pipelines as well as other internal programs.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Lead inter-team technical meetings on the technical and business challenges related to our MDS initiatives.
- Understand and map Business Processes & Challenges into our technical product suite, ensuring scalable, secure, comprehensive solution designs.
- Design and then work with Architects to implement and test solutions to our operational needs and challenges.
- Build and follow complex BRD/FSD (Blueprints) that aligns to the as-is Sales and Data solutions, and overall system / integration environments at Salesforce.
- Identify project issues / risks and present alternatives to alleviate or resolve.
- Implement high-level overviews of the Salesforce Sales & Data Cloud architecture and integration capabilities.
- Document solutions and engineering flowcharts with great attention to detail.
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert in one or more areas of our Business & Technical process.
- Approach every problem & scope item as an opportunity to broaden your expertise and skills, ensuring that new developments, product changes, technical advancements are understood, and available to inform architecture delivery.
- A related technical degree.
- Salesforce certification(s) in Flow (Salesforce Platform App Builder, Salesforce Platform Developer 1&)2,
- Salesforce Data Cloud Consultant Certification (preferences given).
- Proficient working with SOQL and SQL, experience with a RDBMS such as MySQL, Oracle, or MS SQL Server preferred.
- Highly proficient in Google Docs, MS Office Suite, Quip, Slack.
- Expert Knowledge with APEX.
- Expert knowledge in Sales Cloud with 5+ years direct experience in the platform with Enterprise size clients.
- Expert knowledge around Lightning Platform and Web Components
- Expert knowledge with Salesforce declarative development tools (e.g., Process Builder, Workflow Rules) .
- Extensive knowledge of Salesforce Data Cloud capabilities and integration techniques.
- Knowledge of Salesforce best practices and governance.
- Highly efficient teammate, with the ability to also work independently in a fast-paced, fluid environment.
- Excellent strategic & technical thinking skills.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Excellent written, verbal, and visual communication skills, able to present complex concepts effectively at both the tactical and strategic / executive levels.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.