Associate Manager, Workplace Services
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategoryReal Estate & Facility Management
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
The Associate Manager, Workplace Services will report to the Mid Atlantic regional manager of Workplace Services and will be based in the DMV area. This role will be responsible for handling the workplace operations in Salesforce’s DMV region. The Associate Manager is directly accountable for maintaining the buildings, real property, and related assets of Salesforce’s DMV Campuses. The ideal candidate will demonstrate exemplary leadership, people management, critical thinking, innovation, and multi-tasking abilities! They must demonstrate shown success in a dynamic and fast-paced environment with high communication skills. Help make Salesforce a great place to work!
- Directly supervise and manage the performance of a team of multi-level full-time workplace services coordinators to supervisor roles throughout the DM region
- Change agent supporting the company through rapid change and growth.
- Oversee and implement preventative maintenance programs for all related facilities.
- Run all facilities operations and tenant improvement projects
- Handle the delegation of all service-related requests to local contacts.
- Plan and organize work related to space and moves with Space Strategists and Space Champions on a regional scale
- Be responsible for the Snack program and aid in supporting contracted barista service.
- Oversee the operational expenses, POs and invoices for the DMV region
- Creative problem-solving skills to address any and all requests that come in on a regional scale
- Assist in running special projects as needed
- Lead all mail operations for DMV region
- Run all storage and cubby programs for DMV region
- Maintains the internal Salesforce Workplace workflow/caseload systems daily, and completes open work cases in a timely manner with as little disruption to the company's daily operations.
- Will work with partners to improve efficiency and implement new facility and event procedures.
- Coordinates and is responsible for events, and furniture moves, and supports daily conference room setups and configurations to meet the needs of internal/external training and meetings.
- Performs weekly facility inspections, and updates repair and maintenance task lists. Coordinates install and repair times and dates with employees.
- Develop and maintain event space and conference room space.
- Assist with regular maintenance and general upkeep throughout the facility to ensure a clean and safe working environment
- Follow best practice and safety standards for all facilities-related tasks. Be able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Available and responsive to the global nature of the business and have the ability to work extended hours as necessary
- Handle all incoming requests by responding to clients and resolving issues, ensuring successful completion.
- Identifies health and safety hazards, maintenance, and repair issues and takes appropriate action to remedy findings and prompt notification to management.
- May serve as a Facilities site representative during interactions with cross-functional groups, as required. Maintain a positive relationship with all the members of the REWS department and customers while promoting a positive team environment.
- Support the documentation and implementation of workplace operating guidelines.
- Build strong relationships with vendors and building management; maintain best-in-class service whether issues are resolved in-house or by one of our partners.
- 7+ years experience in a Facilities or operations role, ideally supporting a high growth and high change facility
- Facilities management certification preferred
- 3+ years of managerial experience with some regional experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Experience supervising a team with varied strengths of individual contributors
- Facilities Management or Workplace background preferred
- Self-starter; requires minimal supervision, is proactive, and can report to a remote manager
- Ability to plan, organize, and delegate
- Proficient in maintaining harmonious working relationships inside and outside of the organization
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Proficient at using the Microsoft Office Suite, Slack, Quip, and Google Docs
- Must be willing/able to learn and use our internal Salesforce.com software application
- Must have a great can-do attitude and willingness to complete the job
This is not a work-from-home position
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.