Sr. Director, Business Value Services - MuleSoft EMEA
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
This is a unique opportunity to lead a team, representing a blend of frontline commercial execution and long-term strategic thinking.
MuleSoft Business Value Services (BVS) is closely aligned with MuleSoft’s EMEA Sales organization, directly supporting sales pursuits within our top accounts. As Senior Director, MuleSoft Business Value Services, you will be responsible for a team that directly engages with customer executive teams, helping articulate the strategic and financial impact that our platform can deliver to their organizations. Ultimately, you and your team will develop C-level account strategies, value propositions and success metrics, investment justifications, deal structures and commercial proposals for our most strategic customers.
You will also act as a strategic thought leader and trusted advisor to your regional sales leadership, providing guidance on account and negotiation strategies, helping prioritize sales pursuits, and identifying new opportunities. This role will lead a MuleSoft BVS team that supports key segments within our EMEA sales organization.
People Leadership: Support long-term employee success with a focus on coaching, development, and building a high-performance team, including hiring and retaining talent.
Customer Success: Support MuleSoft accounts across all stages in the customer lifecycle, from strategic alignment, project justification, and commercial proposals to measuring the realized value of targeted business outcomes.
Sales Partnership: Work closely with internal sales teams and other functions to help define account strategies and prioritize sales initiatives, based on value creation potential and opportunity size, and prioritize BVS resource investment; set the direction for the MuleSoft BVS practice in your territory.
Orchestration: Facilitate internal and external workshops to discover customers' current and future business capabilities with the goal of identifying, prioritizing, and measuring key business value drivers and metrics. Facilitate the exchange of ideas and best practices across teams.
Deal Negotiation: Assist in the development and delivery of commercial proposals and deal structures, and share insights with senior sales management to help develop and execute negotiation strategies.
Thought Leadership: Provide thought leadership, training and consultative partnering with internal sales and other teams throughout and beyond the sales cycle.
Process Improvement: Manage and/or sponsor initiatives within your team to strengthen the execution capabilities of our organization.
Team Operations: Balance workload within your team, resolve resource exceptions and escalations, and coordinate with the BVS Global leadership team on execution and programs.
Required Skills / Experience
- Strong leadership skills in managing teams and operating in matrix structures
- 15+ years of professional experience, ideally in consultative and strategic customer-facing roles
- Excellent situational awareness in handling objections in dynamic customer environments
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to derive actionable insights from large amounts of information and clearly communicate complex ideas to customer senior executives, while handling questions and objections
- Candid and engaging communicator with the ability to have courageous conversations
- Results-oriented, strategic thinker who enjoys helping customers "cross the chasm" from current state to future state
- Experience with quantitative analysis and financial modeling
- Mix of business and technical acumen with the ability to engage and add value in discussions involving both technology and business strategy
- Creative, high-energy, self-starter comfortable leading and executing initiatives and handling conflicting demands creatively and quickly
- Experience in working collaboratively & cross-functionally, particularly with Sales, Solution Engineering, Pricing, Industry teams, and other key partners
- Expertise in account strategy support, and development and execution of value hypotheses, business cases, and commercial proposals preferred
- Deep familiarity with technology and/or enterprise software is strongly preferred
- MBA preferred
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.