Solution Engineer - West
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
Our Sales Organization is made up of the business segments below. Within these business segments, the teams sell across multiple verticals and there are teams that sell specifically into one industry or vertical. Verticals include: Financial Services, Healthcare & Life Sciences, Manufacturing, Retail & Consumer Goods, Communications Media & Technology, Consumer Business Services, Public Sector, Professional Services, Slack, Mulesoft, Tableau, Specialization Cloud, Enterprise Corporate Sales and .ORG (Non Profit & Education).
In addition, we have Core Teams that sell the entire Salesforce Platform and our Co Prime teams specialize in a specific cloud solution including but not limited to Service Cloud, Marketing Cloud, Commerce Cloud, Heroku or Quip. Solution Engineers typically align with the below business units.
SMB Business Unit:
Small Business (1 - 45 employees)
Growth Business (46 - 200 employees)
Commercial Business Unit:
Mid Commercial (201 - 1000 employees)
General Commercial (1001 - 4500 employees)
The Solution Engineer is a role that we often hire at Salesforce. If you are interested in any type of Solution Engineering role, you've come to the right place. We look forward to reviewing your application and finding the right role for you! By applying to the Solution Engineer role, recruiters and hiring managers who support multiple cloud offerings and verticals across the organization will review your resume. Our goal is for you to apply once and have your resume reviewed by multiple hiring teams. Please note some of these positions may be office-based, office-flexible or remote depending on the team.
Do you want to be part of an outstanding team that is selling into the worlds top organizations? Come join us at Salesforce Solution Engineering team. Through collaboration with the customer, the Products team, and Professional Services the Solutions Engineers develop thoughtful solutions that help our customers connect with their customers in new ways. This unique perspective creates an opportunity for the SE to interact with the entire customer lifecycle. If you enjoy a fast-paced environment full of exciting challenges and opportunities to build compelling Solutions then the Solution Engineering Team is the department for you. The SE world is a dynamic, constantly evolving environment where expertise in design, business consulting and technology is used every day to drive innovation.
The Solution Engineer must have a strong desire to demonstrate their technical and/or sales skills, including the ability to solicit business requirements, develop a technical sales strategy, configure and successfully demonstrate the solutions that address these requirements and provide business value.
What roles are we looking to fill in Solutions Engineering?
The SE team is organized into several smaller teams based on the products they are selling, or the industry/vertical they are selling into aligning with the sales teams, as outlined above. The Solution Engineer role typically aligns with the Commercial or SMB market segment. We are regularly looking for Solution Engineers within these segments on both product & industry teams.
Whether you are at the Associate level or beyond, we hire based on skills/experience and are open to hiring at all levels for the right candidate.
- A Solution Engineer plays a pivotal role in aligning innovative strategies to technology solutions within complex accounts. This role focuses on partnering with clients and collaborating with internal team members to drive consensus on multi-product technology solutions across the various Salesforce product lines.
- Solutions Engineers work on a wide array of assignments including business development, operations and IT strategies, as well as product demonstrations. This person must assume the role of trusted advisor for driving innovative solutions forward while also improving business performance.
- Business Problem Solving: Take ambiguous and sophisticated business problems and using research and business assessment capabilities, define the problem, drive innovative ideas, define the opportunity set, and recommend practical next steps.
- Innovation Management: Bring focus to a client's decision making process by communicating and evaluating solution options, and driving consensus among key collaborators. In some instances, we help our clients develop new decision frameworks and governance processes that continue to deliver value far beyond a particular engagement.
- Connect Experiences: Demonstrate through software demos and rapid prototyping how connected experiences come to life with The Salesforce Solutions.
- "Solutioning" is fundamental to the SE role. It is important to realize that a component of the responsibilities will include assisting the customer, Account Executive and Professional Services team with the discovery, analysis and ultimately the recommendation of strategic solutions for the customer by delivering transformational pitches based in live product demonstrations to validate. These Solutions will use all of the Salesforce technologies to address the core challenges and objectives that are uniquely identified for each customer.
- Discover the customer's business needs, and position the best Salesforce solution to achieve those business objectives
- Build and present customized solutions and demonstrations focused on Salesforce products to multiple customer personas showing how Salesforce will accelerate their business strategies and a path to value.
- Convey a deep understanding of the customer's architecture as it pertains to Salesforce's solutions
- Orchestrate and lead cross-functional solutions guides, and align them to the opportunity strategy
- Develop and deliver the story of the customer experience aided by Salesforce technologies
- Participate in all appropriate product, sales, and procedural training and certifications to acquire and maintain the knowledge vital to be effective in the position
- Ability to travel based on territory alignment and region
- B.S. Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS or equivalent relevant experience required. Experience will be evaluated based on the core competencies for the role (e.g. extracurricular leadership roles, military experience, volunteer roles, work experience, etc.)
- Knowledge of related applications, relational database and web technology
- Solid oral, written, presentation, collaboration and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team to solve technical problems in varied political environments
- Minimum of 2 years of professional experience
- Salesforce Certifications
- Previous experience as a solution/sales engineer for a CRM company or similar technology
- Basic programming experience in HTML and other web based technologies
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.For Washington-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $65,730 to $184,940.For California-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $72,310 to $184,940.Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Certain roles may be eligible for incentive compensation, equity, benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.salesforcebenefits.com.