Senior Proactive Services Engineer/Customer Engagement
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategoryCustomer Success
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
The Proactive Services Engineer is a customer-focused expert and is responsible for communicating Salesforce’s handling and execution of Proactive Alerting Monitors to customers and implementing and finding ways to prevent customer issues through proactive support, ongoing adjustments to backend monitoring technologies, and quarterly customer reviews.
As part of the Global Support organization, this position has primary technical support responsibilities for an assigned account portfolio, maintaining a single-minded focus to ensure clients are delighted with Salesforce’s suite of products by becoming a Salesforce cloud application and platform expert.
The ideal Proactive Services Engineer is a team player who enjoys working hard, exhibits professionalism, is dedicated to meeting and exceeding expectations, has excellent problem-solving and analytical skills, can quickly learn new technologies, and uses their time efficiently.
As a Proactive Services Engineer, you’ll be part of a team of problem solvers that are passionate about working in a fast-paced, highly dynamic, client-centric environment.
○ Meet with your customers to understand and capture their business context and requirements for monitoring
○ Meet with Customers on a quarterly basis to review service value, trends and facilitate any updates to the agreed monitoring plan
○ Provide second-level expertise and coaching to other Engineers on the team
○ Provide expert-level technical support to high-touch clients
○ Track and maintain all client communications and case documentation in Salesforce
○ Define, follow through, and action plans to case resolution
○ Manage client support cases regularly for their Portfolio of customers
○ Manage escalations and expectations for both the client and internal personnel ○ Assist clients in optimizing their use of the application platform via workflow guidance or by identifying automation, proactive monitoring, and integration opportunities
● May require work outside of regular business hours, holidays, and some weekends
○ 4-7 years of prior relevant experience
○ Passion for delivering outstanding customer experience
○ Excellent written and verbal communication skills to engage with our top customers
○ Action-oriented with strong organizational, analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills
○ Highly adaptable, fast learner, and resourceful
○ Ability to collaborate cross-functionally on a global scale
○ Strong technical aptitude in support of learning Salesforce applications and solutions ○
Dependable, motivated, self-starter with the ability to work independently
○ Knowledge of Internet development technologies (HTML, XML, API, SQL, etc.) is required.
Proven experience or expertise in the following:
○ Database and relational data structures
○ Large-scale, multi-tenant production environments
○ API Programming or Software Development
○ Software Design Lifecycle
○ Visualforce and Apex code experience
○ Certified Administrator ○ Certified Advanced Administrator
○ Certified App Builder ○ Certified Platform Developer
○ CRM domain knowledge
○ Previous experience with Salesforce CRM, Force.com, Marketing Cloud, and its technologies is desired.
ABOUT SALESFORCE: Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform, and the world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes’s “World’s Most Innovative Company” five years in a row and one of Fortune’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” eight years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners, and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.