Corporate Development Finance, Manager
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
M&A Finance - Manager
As a Manager on the M&A Finance team you will be a critical member of the Salesforce cross functional M&A team. You will be responsible for leading our acquired companies on the journey of financial and operational integration, acting as a trusted partner and advocate throughout the M&A integration life cycle, with a focus on maximizing value to accelerate growth for Salesforce.
* Assist in evaluating acquisition targets. Build deal models in partnership with Corporate Development with a focus on top-line productivity, revenue accounting, expense forecasting, and balance sheet and cash impact evaluation
* Perform financial diligence with limited information during a compressed timeline with an emphasis on identifying key risks and summarizing the financial impacts and exposure of the transaction
* Liaison across Salesforce’s matrixed M&A organization representing the voice of Finance to drive growth and build trust within our acquired businesses
* Partner directly with acquired company CEO and leadership teams to build detailed financial and business plans in support of acquisition deal model targets, and manage the team through the annual financial plan and quarterly forecasting processes
* Monitor ongoing performance of the acquired business(es) through careful analysis, investigation, and reporting of monthly financial results, and provide timely communication to the acquired leadership team and Salesforce executives
* Refine and execute on M&A playbook to fully integrate acquired business’ financial management and processes to Core teams
* Master’s degree (or its foreign degree equivalent) in Finance, Accounting, or a related quantitative discipline, and two (2) years of experience in the field of financial analysis or two (2) years of experience in the job offered OR Bachelor’s degree (or its foreign degree equivalent) in Finance, Accounting, or a related quantitative discipline, and three (3) years of progressively responsible experience in the field of financial analysis or three (3) years of experience in the job offered.
* M&A Deal or company valuation experience preferred
* SaaS experience highly preferred
* Exceptional problem solving skills; demonstrated ability to structure complex problems, develop hypotheses, and present well-supported solutions
* Advanced Excel modeling skills
* Proven ability to effectively partner with cross-functional teams
* Ability to adapt to change quickly and often as the day to day can vary from quarter to quarter.
* Ability and willingness to travel (including internationally)
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.For Washington-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $120,300 to $165,500.For California-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $131,300 to $180,500.Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Certain roles may be eligible for incentive compensation, equity, benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.salesforcebenefits.com.