Director, Technology and Product, M&A Integration Strategy
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategoryProgram & Project Management
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
This role will be responsible for developing and delivering against integration goals specific to each acquisition and will handle multiple acquisitions and project work streams in parallel.
You will work with executive leadership to define strategic integration initiatives and act as trusted advisors to deal sponsors, key partners, acquired teams, and other functional teams throughout the Technology and Product (T&P) organization.
This role will be involved in all aspects of the deal cycle - pre-diligence, planning and driving technical due diligence, planning integration and executing on near term integration goals.
- Lead the strategic planning, due diligence and execution phases of M&A transactions representing Technology and Product (T&P).
- Coordinate and project manage diligence efforts and integration priorities with internal stakeholders and target company management teams.
- Develop an integration V2MOM related to M&A deal integration planning and track and report progress monthly.
- Spot and creatively solve complex, cross-functional operational issues, often unique to each deal.
- Apply judgement and experience to tailor integration programs to each acquisition.
- Complete integration programs with clear definition of done.
- Continually refine standard processes for integration consistent with culture.
- Collaborate cross functionally with other M&A teams to prioritize T&P programs with broader integration goals.
- Align partner groups (Corporate Development, T&P, Acquisition teams, M&A functional counterparts, etc.) to common goals and delivery.
- Anticipate and remove obstacles with a sense of urgency that slow down or prevent project teams from delivering on project goals.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to identify integration budget requirements and gain approval.
- Lead programs across T&P that aim to improve process, standard methodologies, or create better organizational alignment.
- Work independently and with a sense of urgency.
- Ability and willingness to travel (domestic and international).
- 10+ years of experience in technology.
- 7+ years of M&A experience.
- Ability to establish credibility and rapport with senior executives and technical and non-technical team members alike.
- Outstanding organizational, communication, and relationship building skills conducive to driving consensus; able to work well in a cross-functional, matrix management environment.
- Ability to master technical subjects and technologies relevant to the program.
- Strong organizational, project management, analysis, and communication skills.
- Ability to work well as a member of a highly coordinated team composed of both technical and non-technical members.
- Ability to successfully partner with all functions across the entire company.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.For Washington-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $174,900 to $253,700.For California-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $190,800 to $276,800.Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Certain roles may be eligible for incentive compensation, equity, benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.salesforcebenefits.com.