Systems Engineering Senior Associate
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategorySoftware Engineering
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
Core Application Production Engineering - Software Engineering SMTS
At Salesforce, we work on solving the hard, long term engineering problems that underlies all of our products. Focus is on building powerful and simple to use frameworks, services and software components that will be used by our products to support the exponential growth of our business while we deliver value to our end customers.
Our team owns mission critical services like the Core application server and async processing that supports the Salesforce platform across multiple substrates including AWS among others. These tier0 distributed services support billions of transactions at B2C scale and are resilient, highly available and scalable. Architected on CNA principles, our services are built to leverage OSS platforms like K8s, Service mesh and Spinnaker for the continuous deployment.
Our goal is to innovate at scale and leverage AI for self configuration, self detection and self healing. As service owners, we track availability with observability, detect and forecast anomalies, use alert correlation for incident causation and prioritize automation with AIOps to reduce operational pain and toil along with innovation.
We are looking for passionate engineers to join our engineering team, who love to own modern large scale services in production and drive our charter forward. If you’re fired up about software performance, solving complex problems, automating everything, and working with great engineers, this is the job for you!
Your responsibilities include:
- Complete service ownership, right from influencing product architecture to operating service seamlessly in production
- Analyze and remediate production incidents for the Core Application Server and asynchronous processing platform
- Develop deeper insights into platform incidents and influence with engineering backlog to address repeat incidents and prevent incidents proactively
- Leverage AIOps platform to continuously improve anomaly detection, automate runbooks and drive our MTTD & MTTR goals
- Understand customer use cases leveraging our platform and services and collaborate with the rest of the engineering organization to identify opportunities to achieve our availability goals
- Engage with engineers developing features on our platform and provide consultative support and onboarding guidance
- Collaborate with Systems engineering team for activities such as providing inputs for OS patching, JDK upgrade and software configuration
- Collaborate with technical writers to create, update and review documentation for users and operators
- Participate in the team’s 24x7 on-call rotation to address complex problems in real-time and keep services operational and highly available
- Continuously raise standards of engineering excellence by implementing best DevOps practices
- Champion a culture and work environment that promotes diversity and inclusion
- Lead, collaborate, communicate, and mentor
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5 years of work experience
- Knowledge of OO programming and concepts and experience coding in Java, C++ or Python
- Ability to debug complex distributed systems to understand system design with an eye for performance and scalability bottlenecks and provide recommendations to optimize code
- In-depth, hands-on experience with Linux, networking, server, and cloud architectures
- Exposure to container related technologies such as Kubernetes, Docker, etc.
- Proficiency with source control, continuous integration, and testing pipelines
- Overall 10+ years experience and 5+ years in a production engineering/DevOps/SRE or similar role working on high scale distributed systems
- Strong background in open source software is preferred
- Experience analyzing heap dumps
- Experience instrumenting code and profiling applications
- Experience evaluating and interpreting large volumes of production data to know efficiency, latency, memory and CPU utilization
- Experience with messaging platforms
- Experience with AWS or another cloud PaaS provider
- Experience in configuration management technologies such as Chef, Puppet or Ansible
- Strong problem-solving, troubleshooting and analytical skills clearly demonstrated in past projects
- Solid understanding of configuration, deployment, management and maintenance of large cloud-hosted systems; including auto-scaling, monitoring, performance tuning, troubleshooting and disaster recovery
- Understanding of Java Virtual Machine technology and ability to tune and debug issues related to compilers, Garbage collectors
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.