Senior Director, Equity Compensation
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategoryEmployee Success
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
Salesforce is seeking a highly skilled and expert Senior Director of Equity Compensation to join our dynamic team. In this role, you will play a meaningful role in crafting, implementing, and managing our equity compensation programs. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure that our equity compensation strategies align with our business objectives and attract, retain, and empower top talent. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to a fast-paced, innovative company that values employee success and growth.
1. Equity Compensation Strategy: Develop and implement a comprehensive equity compensation strategy aligned with the company's goals, objectives, and culture.
2. Program Design and Implementation: Design and implement equity compensation plans, including stock options, RSUs, Performance-based RSUs, ESPP, and other equity-based incentives, ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements.
3. Plan Administration: Closely partner with the global administrator of equity compensation programs, including grant processing, vesting schedules, tax compliance, and reporting.
4. Compliance and Governance: Stay up-to-date with applicable laws, regulations, and accounting standards related to equity compensation, ensuring compliance and implementing standard methodologies.
5. Financial Analysis: Collaborate with finance and accounting teams to perform financial analysis and forecasting related to equity compensation expense and equity dilution.
6. Communication and Education: Develop and deliver effective communication and education programs to improve employee understanding of equity compensation plans and cultivate engagement.
7. Cross-functional Collaboration: Partner with Employee Success (HR), Legal, Finance, Tax, and other teams to address equity compensation-related matters, including mergers and acquisitions, international expansion, and regulatory changes.
8. Reporting and Analytics: Prepare regular reports and analytics on equity compensation metrics and trends, providing insights to senior leadership and collaborators.
9. Team Leadership: Lead and mentor a team of equity compensation professionals, encouraging a collaborative and hard-working environment.
10. Executive compensation matters involving Compensation Committee materials, proxy reporting, and crafting executive offers.
1. Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or a related field. MBA or advanced degree preferred.
2. Extensive experience (10+ years) in equity compensation administration, design, and strategy, preferably in a large, global organization.
3. Thorough understanding of equity compensation regulations, accounting standards (e.g., ASC 718), tax implications, and best practices.
4. Strong analytical and financial modeling skills, with the ability to analyze sophisticated data and make strategic recommendations.
5. Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to effectively convey complex concepts in an executive-ready and simple way to diverse audiences.
6. Proven leadership experience, with the ability to encourage and empower a team and collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders.
7. High attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
8. Proficiency in equity compensation software platforms and MS Office suite.
Join our outstanding team and contribute to crafting Salesforce's equity compensation programs as we continue to drive innovation, growth, and success.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.For Washington-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $188,900 to $288,100.For California-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $188,900 to $314,300.Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Certain roles may be eligible for incentive compensation, equity, benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.salesforcebenefits.com.