Software Engineer Senior
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategorySoftware Engineering
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
Software Engineer Senior
Standard Schema Team
Location: Argentina (Buenos Aires preferred)
Technology Stack: Java
We're Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI + Data + CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too - driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good - you've come to the right place.
About the Standard Schema Team
Have you always wanted to work on one of the most critical parts of the salesforce core platform? As a key part of the Platform Services cloud, the Standard Schema team is building the next-generation metadata framework used by all of salesforce to power the thousands of entity definitions throughout the application. Ensuring the our system can scale with the tremendous growth of types from data cloud and into the AI-driven future, there has never been a more exciting time to be in the metadata space.
As a Software Development Engineer, you will own the full stack and entire life-cycle of our products, from the roadmap to the architecture to implementation and continuous iterative development.
This role offers wide scope, autonomy, and ownership. You will own the design of major results end-to-end and work closely with experienced engineers to complete them. You should be willing to take on challenging initiatives and be capable of working both independently and with others as a team. You will design, build, test, and own highly scalable, available, and strong low latency systems.
You will have an opportunity to expand your own skills by learning from very best software engineers and architects in the world.
- Architect, design and develop software systems and services that handle high volume of metadata
- Lead engineers, architects and product owners to develop high quality products and services that meet business requirements while applying the latest available tools and technology
- Be a key contributor to team design discussions and code reviews
- Collaborate closely with software architects, product owners, and other engineering team members to help define the product.
- Effectively collaborate with a range of engineering partners across feature teams across salesforce core
- Consult with internal customers and act as an advocate in representing their requirements to teams and develop innovative ways to overcome their challenges.
- Define expectations for collaborating teams, hold them accountable to success and failure.
- Manage competing tasks and solving requests on behalf of customers.
- As an experienced engineer, you will provide the technical experience to the team, drive standard methodologies, mentor other engineers and drive continuous improvements in engineering and operational excellence.
- 8+ years of software development experience.
- Research, design, and develop computer and network software or specialized utility programs.
- Architect, design, implement, test and deliver highly scalable products. Master our development process, culture, and code base, then improve it.
- Work closely with a team of engineers, product managers and performance engineers to build new features customers will adopt and use while keeping the platform stable and scalable.
- Update software or enhance existing software capabilities.
- Operate effectively in the hybrid engineering model where engineers are expected to be able to design and implement the necessary work to ensure quality in their own code as well as other engineers.
- Mentor others in development technologies, tools, and processes.
- Present your own designs to internal/external groups and review designs of others.
- Develop test strategies, design automation frameworks, write unit/functional tests to drive up code coverage and automation metrics.
- Participate in the team’s on-call rotation to address complex problems in real-time and keep services operational and highly available.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.