Principal Full Stack Software Engineer - Platform Services
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategorySoftware Engineering
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
Salesforce is redefining the way prospects, customers, and Trailblazers interact with the company on the web. We are unifying the digital experience of online visitors across corporate brand websites and our Trailblazer ecosystem on a shared digital platform. The result will be dynamic and personalized based on a visitor's role, industry, and location. It will also be a showcase of Salesforce products.
The Principal Engineer role is within Salesforce’s Digital Platform Services team in Marketing, which is responsible for the innovation of the Salesforce digital experience globally, using best-in-class technology and systems. This role encompasses architecture, design, implementation, and testing to ensure we build products right and release them with high quality. You will be working with a group of extraordinary engineers to build the breakthrough features our customers will love, embrace and use while keeping our trusted platform stable and scalable
The successful candidate will have:
* Experience in marketing technologies, including services for content management and Taxonomy, Personalization, and Experimentation, and a proven track record of delivering solutions across platform ecosystems
* Expertise in the customer identity and access management space and experience implementing solutions for B2C use cases using tools such as Okta and/or Auth0
* Serve as the technical leader for the team in resolving the best approach to a requirement
* Drive the end-to-end delivery of world-class Identity and Access Management solutions
* Design, build and maintain APIs and services that are consumed by www.salesforce.com as well as other internal customers
* Translates business requirements into well-architected solutions that best uses the Salesforce platforms and products
* Collaborate with product management, architecture, program management and technical operations teams to define roadmaps, drive design and implement platform services.
* Innovate and invent the future of Agile and DevOps, drive continuous improvement with a focus on process, controls, scalability, and maturity
* Evaluate and advocate for modern technologies to accelerate delivery and improve engineering efficiency
* Develop test strategies, and design automation frameworks to drive code coverage and automation metrics
* Coach and mentor engineers to scale the engineering organization
* Thrive in a culture of ownership, delivery, and innovation
* 10+ years of professional software development experience in designing, building, scaling, and maintaining production services.
* Experience building high-scale microservices on AWS (preferred), GCP, or other public cloud substrates.
* Experience in identity and access management space with identity protocols like OAuth 2.0, OpenID Connect, PKCE, SAML etc and in leading customer identity and access management (CIAM) implementations, preferably Okta or Auth0.
* Understanding of test-driven development, and associated frameworks (Jest, Cucumber, other related test frameworks a plus).
* Ability to evaluate a problem space and make the best technology decisions for the end user.
* Track record of leading highly impactful projects from conception to finish
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* A related technical degree is required
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.For New York-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $193,200 to $305,600.For Colorado-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $175,600 to $254,700.For Washington-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $175,600 to $280,200.For California-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $193,200 to $305,600.Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Certain roles may be eligible for incentive compensation, equity, benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.salesforcebenefits.com.