Senior Engineering Manager, Infrastructure Systems
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategoryEnterprise Technology & Infrastructure
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
Business Technology connects people and technology to transform the future of work at Salesforce. Guided by our core values of Trust, Customer Success, Equality, Innovation, and Sustainability, we deliver business outcomes that fuel growth, drive competitive advantage, and empower our employees and customers globally. BT’s scope stretches beyond traditional IT: We are also strategic partners, advocating for the best outcomes for our customers, always innovating, and helping to shape the future of work.
As the BT Collaboration & Productivity team, we empower every employee with ground breaking solutions that champion collaboration, productivity, and innovation. We are committed to being 'Customer Zero' for all new initiatives, ensuring that we lead by example and drive excellence in Salesforce's technology landscape. Our solutions are available to all employees, and we seamlessly integrate them into their daily work experiences.
We are looking for a hard-working, self-directed, technical leader to lead infrastructure engineers on the Business Technology Collaboration team. This is an amazing opportunity to own the team responsible for the engineering of the collaboration systems and platforms used by everyone at Salesforce every day.
You will be responsible for hiring and retaining top engineers, strengthening the team and each individual on it, and helping guide our technical direction. The team’s focus is on operating and improving collaboration technologies like Slack, Google Workspaces, and Confluence. You will have the opportunity to work directly with the Slack product teams to influence product direction, develop integrations to connect our services, and strategize how we’ll use AI throughout as we plan for the future.
- Hire and retain top engineering talent
- Assist in the growth of each employee through coaching and career development activities
- Assess performance of direct reports according to corporate policies and procedures
- Drive the design and implementation of collaboration systems
- Collaborate with product managers, engineers, and business partners to build robust solutions
- Work with vendors to solve issues and drive enhancements
- Continuously improve on policies, procedures and technology
- Work effectively as part of a geographically distributed team
- Leading projects supporting Salesforce’s US Federal program
- Occasional travel is involved
- 6+ years of experience in information technology
- 2+ years managing engineering teams
- 4+ years of experience with administering Slack, Google Workspaces, and Confluence
- Capable of leading and motivating a team of engineers in a challenging, dynamic environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience with large-scale change management
- A related technical degree required
Desired Technical Skills:
- Experience administering Slack, Google Workspaces, Confluence, and similar collaboration platforms
- Experience automating SaaS platforms using REST APIs
- Experience with Python, Heroku, Amazon Web Services
- Experience with agile/scrum methodology
Due to the criteria and security levels for Salesforce’s US Federal program, this position will require the following:
- U.S. citizenship at the time of hire
- Residence within the United States (i.e., the 50 states and the District of Columbia)
In office (Atlanta, GA, Dallas, TX or Indianapolis, IN) expectations are 10 days/a quarter to support customers and/or collaborate with their teams.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.